Breakpoint

At the penthouse that same evening

Yue is sitting on the floor, playing with the cat that she has named her Pooh because Yue likes Winnie the Pooh. This cute ball of fur has made her forget about the danger she is facing.

Dylan, on the other hand, is irritated by the little furry thing. He is a dog person. Cats are... Annoying.

"Shen Yue, what are we going to do with that thing?"

"What thing?" she asks with a frown.

"That!" Dylan tells her, pointing at the tiny kitten with a disgusted expression.

"Hey! Don't tell me you don't like cats! How do you not know that cats are my favorite animal? Kai knows it! That's why he gave me a cat!"

Ouch, that hurt.

"He gave you a cat because he knew we would fight over it! Because it's a cat from your EX! Because he knows I would be..."

"What? Jealous of the cutest creature in all creation? You can't be jealous of a cat!"

"Are we really keeping the gift your ex gave us as wedding present?! Are you freaking kidding me? If that thing was a toaster, I would have thrown it in the trash by now!"

"Do I have to get rid of Pooh?" Yue asks pouting.

"Argh! He did this on purpose! To get between us! You are so smart and shrewd! How can you not see that he planned this?!"

"Because it's a tiny kitty... I only see a small, defenseless ball of fur!" she explains with eyes that transmit so much affection.

Dylan is angry because he realizes Kai is cannier and more devious than he thought. That guy is a weasel! Who knows what else he is scheming!

Dylan understands that arguing with Yue will get them nowhere. He sits beside her on the floor and pets Pooh with her. "My Moon, I love you to death. I am willing to go to hell for you... But we cannot keep the cat your ex gave you... -he explains in the warmest and most affectionate tone- He wants to kidnap you... Every single time I will look at this at creature... I can't help it... -his tone and face change to annoyed- I will be reminded of that jackass! I can't... Every fiber in my body wants to strangle the man!"

"I know... I understand... I just love cats so much!" Yue says bringing Pooh to her chest.

"I promise I will get you one when we go back to our apartment, alright? Any cat you want!"

"Really? -Yue asks excitedly- But we have to take care of Pooh until we find a proper home for her, okay?"

Her puppy eyes make Dylan's heart skip a beat. Dylan places his hand on Yue's cheek and stares at her, full of love.

"Yes. We will find a nice place for Pooh. Meanwhile, it can stay with us," he confirms and then kisses Yue on the cheek.

Yue closes her eyes and shivers. She could not have married a more understanding man.

The day after

Dylan cannot get over the threats and is tired of playing defense. He believes it is time to counterattack. This situation, this waiting for the other shoe to drop is not viable anymore. Something must be done as soon as possible.

After they go to work together, Dylan asks Yue to wait for him there while he runs an errand.

"Shen Yue, promise me you will not move. You must stay here, in your office. I will let Mr. Ching know that he needs to keep an eye on you while I'm out."