Chapter 7

Alex let out a long, exaggerated groan as her eyes slowly opened. The sun was violently streaking through the curtains and falling on her face, shinning aggressively into her eyes. She brought her hands up to her face and rubbed her eyes for a few moments before moving them away and letting her eyes adjust to the light.

"Morning sleeping beauty," Stella commented from across the room as she continued to apply her make-up onto her already beautiful face. The blonde haired fairy glanced at the brunette through the mirror.

"Stop feeling so guilty I can smell it from all the way over here," Alex muttered as she pulled the cover off her body and slipped out of the bed, making her way over to her closet. This seemed to peak Stella's interest as she put down her make up brush and turned around in her chair to look  over at the brunette who was now rumaging through her clothes, looking for an outfit to wear for the day

"Speaking of... what the hell are you?" Stella suddenly asked her, causing Alex to raise her eyebrows and turn to look back over at Stella

"A unicorn," Alex replies sarcastically, "I'm a fairy Stel, pretty sure that, that is why I am able to come to this school and why I'm sharing a dorm with you." Alexandra said, hoping that the blonde didn't decide to press on and continue to ask more questions

But of course, she rarely got what she wanted. 

"Obviously you are a fairy, but what doesn't make sense to me is the fact that I saw your eyes flash green last night and I've seen your eyes go purple on multiple occasions. I know a lot about fairies, my family is highly regarded and have a long history. And never once have I read about or come across a fairy that possesses two powers." Stella said as she looked at the girl accusingly.

"I don't know what you want me to say stella, I'm sorry," Alex tells the girl as she makes her way back over to the closet and gives up on trying to find a cool outfit for the first day and just grabs out a random outfit and chucks it over onto the bed

"What powers do you have?" Stella asked her firmly. Alex turned to look at her with a raised eyebrow. Stella was a firm girl, but it was clear she didn't have many people that she could trust, and as far as Alex could see, that was exactly what Stella needed, somebody that she could trust.

Alex let out a small sigh, "I'll tell you, but I would appreciate it if you didn't tell anybody else, I'm not sure if I'm ready for people to know just yet, they will think I'm a god damn freak" Alex says with a small sigh. Stella's interest is clearly peaked at this, and she nods her head softly.

In normal circumstances, Stella would listen to the conversation and then go and tell the first person that she found, but Alex had been the only one to stand up for her the whole time that she had been there. Stella wasn't blind, she knew that people didn't like her, but Alex had gone out of her way on various occasions to start a conversations with Stella, and Stella really appreciated that.

"Yeah, I wont tell anybody," Stella tells her honestly and smiles slightly, nobody ever trusts her with secrets, so this was all beginning to become very exciting for her.

"Well so far I've been able to feel everyone's emotions and manipulate fire, water, earth, and the weather," Alexandra muttered out, her head hung low as if she were embarrassed, but Stella was clearly surprised and impressed at this new found information

"Are you serious?" Stella asked quickly, all the negative feelings that Alex could feel radiating off of Stella from before had vanished and were taken over by excitement, "that is bloody incredible, I've never heard anything like it."

Alexandra was surprised to see this side of Stella, but she wasn't complaining. Alexandra smiled softly, she didn't find it amazing at all, she was dangerous and out of control. "Come on, I need to go and see Bloom." 

Alexandra didn't even get a chance to say anything else before Stella stormed out of the room. Alex let out a small sigh before taking this as her chance to quickly get changed and then she rushed out of the room to see Stella and Musa talking.

"Wheres Bloom?" Stella asks Musa. Stella's aura had completely changed from when it was just her and Alex talking alone in their room, she had gone back to showing nothing but her cold exterior.

"Well she had a rough night thanks to you," Musa replied snappily, a smirk tugging on the corner of her lips, clearly finding the fact that she was bugging Stella amusing. Alex didn't know what to say, she felt much closer to Musa than Stella, but she was also feeling a connection with Stella, she didn't want to add her 2 cents in and then ruin her friendships, but she also didn't want either of the girls to get upset either.

"Look guys, I didn't think that those things were real but we all saw the creepy assholes. It was creepy as hell. It looked like it wanted to kill her," Alex spoke up, causing both of the girls to turn to her. Alex internally scolded herself for adding herself into the conversation, but it was too late to back out now, "uhh, I'm just gonna go you know... feed the dog..."

Stella and Musa gave her a stern look so she let out a small sigh and stayed where she was. "What about my ring?" Stella spoke up, clearly beginning to get annoyed with the whole situation 

Bloom suddenly came storming out of her room, her hair was a mess and she was wearing a large oversized black hoodie, "that burned... burned thing took it." Bloom stuttered out as she avoided making eye contact with Stella.

"What?!" Stella hissed out angrily as she stared over at Bloom, the pissed off look that was on her face was only growing more and more as the seconds passed them by. Musa and Alex, were both well aware that this wasn't going to turn out well.

"Its okay Stel," Alex tried to calm her down and it looked like it had worked until Musa spoke up right after her

"Yeah, calm down princess," Musa taunted with a menacing grin as she looked at her.

"Dont tell me to calm and don't use my title as an insult," Stella sneered over to Musa who backed away slightly and leaned against the wall as she rolled her eyes

Bloom and Alexandra seemed surprised at this though, the words and facts coming as a harsh shock. "Wait, are you actually a princess?" Bloom said, a laugh falling from her lips as she thought it was a joke and Stella was just being snobby, but the grin on her face dropped when she realised that it was not a joke, and Stella was in fact a princess.

"Yes I am actually," Stella snapped back, and Bloom looked surprised and backed down slightly, "my mother is the queen and the ring you lost is one of the crown jewels of Solaria," Stella snapped, making Bloom feel even worse than she already was, "Now that might not mean much to a first worlder. So feel free to ask your suit-mate how big of a screw up that is," She continued

"Someone is a bit agro today," Alex muttered softly under her breath, she was never one to do well under high-pressure situations. "Look guys I'm just gonna go, the cafeteria is probably choc-a-block right now, so imma just make my way down there okay?"

The girls disregarded what she said so she went to go and leave but she was stopped by Aisha who came down the stairs, drying her hair, "its almost as big as giving it to her in the first place." She snapped, looking over at Stella with a look of disbelief and unamusement, "Dowling has the creature locked up, which you would know if you were here last night when she gave us an earful."

Musa gripped her teacup in her hand as she began to speak up, "and if people knew that there was a burned one even in the first world temporarily, disaster." Musa said and Alex nodded her head in agreeance.

"All hell would break loose," Alexandra added

"I didn't tell her that I lost the ring, and I'm sure if we do, then--" Bloom started, but she was quickly interrupted by Stella who was evidently very against Blooms plan

"We will do no such thing. I will figure it out after class, but for now, no one says anything to anyone." Stella tells them all firmly, looking around at all of the surrounding fairies, giving them a threatening look to convince them to keep their mouths shut about the whole ordeal.

Stella brushed passed Bloom and went to leave but she stopped and turned to the girls, "and can someone make sure that Terra knows that. She can never keep her mouth shut." Terra walked into the room at that moment, surprising them all. She gave Stella a thumbs up and a small smile

"Got it," She confirmed