☾ forty - two ☾

Start from the beginning

Regis contorted his face, unable to overcome a moment's rage.

'That's why that fucking guy lured me to the palace!'

She was a soft-hearted daughter from an early age, even though she was expressionless.

When the bird she was raising died, his daughter, only seven years old, told Derek.

< Now I don't want to see anything like the bird. So, don't grab it again. All right? >

[ note : she means she doesn't want to see anymore animals die ]

'Other than that, even if a dog or a cat was wandering the streets, she couldn't possibly just let it pass by.'

Knowing his daughter's personality, who couldn't pass by the weak and poor, Regis resented his disciple even more.

'I can never forgive you for taking advantage of my daughter's kindness.'

Regis gave Max a glare. "Why didn't you tell Derek? He would have given you a room."

It was aimed towards Max, but the answer came from his daughter.

"It was such a late hour, I couldn't wake Derek up. And I thought my father's disciple could not harm me."

At his daughter's words, Regis breathed a sigh.

'He is the most dangerous one...'

In Regis' eyes, Max, who had chosen the worst means and method for his plans, was no different from a tyrant who had already raged for his designs.

If Max had judged that she was against his goal or didn't want anything nothing to do with it, he would have hurt her without hesitation.

'She doesn't even realize that her life is being threatened.'

However, he couldn't blame his daughter.

The reason for why they met was because he is her father's disciple.

'Yes, I was wrong in the first place. I shouldn't have accepted that guy as a disciple...'

Regis took a sip of tea.

The well-brewed tea had a smooth and soft flavor, but it only felt bitter in his mouth.

Soon Regis opened his mouth and started speaking coldly.

"It is considered cold treatment that you have no consideration for her reputation."

He was criticizing Max for not even having basic consideration for his daughter, but it was his daughter who replied again.

"As my dad knows, I don't care much about my reputation."

Although he was upset by his daughter's more than exaggerated reputation than it actually was, Regis didn't really care.

Whatever the rumors said, he knew how lovely and kind his daughter was.

Then, Juvellian stared straight at Regis.

"But I was very careful in fear of causing trouble for my father. Actually, nothing happened."

It was when Regis was embarrassed by his daughter's dejected eyes.

"It's embarrassing, but I've only ever gotten unrequited love. I think it's a miracle that someone I like, likes me back."

Juvellian sighed, then said quietly, "I'm a living mess and I know I can never see myself perfect in my father's eyes, but I'll never bother my father's prestige. So, please allow us to date."

Originally, he was going to say no.

However, Regis felt weakened by his daughter's pleading eyes and her earnest begs.

'Why do you...make me so weak?'

If he were to be honest with his feelings, he wanted to do whatever Juvellian wanted, because in his eyes she was a lovely child who he couldn't bear to see anyone hurt.

However, the problem was, that the existence that his daughter wanted was unacceptable.

"I can't allow the both of you to date." said the determined Regis, staring at his daughter and his student.

"Break up."

_

I sighed at my father's words.

'Yes, in the end you're deciding to marry me to the Crown Prince.'

A political marriage between a lunatic prince and his only daughter.

Other aristocrats wouldn't ever try.

However, my father was a transcendent and looked much younger than his actual age.

Perhaps even now, if he wanted to, he could get married anytime.

It actually wouldn't be bad for me and he could see the aftermath.

It would be a better way to have a good deal with the Imperial Family than to have bring his daughter's corpse back home.

'What should I do now?'

If I resist my father, I might be forced to marry the Crown Prince.

When I was sighing with my head down in a daze, someone held my hand tightly.

"No."

Unlike me, timid, it was a determined voice.

Surprised, I stared at Max.

'Huh?'

He stared at me, then glared at my father, and spoke stiffly, "Teacher, didn't you tell me before?"

At that moment, my body was being lifted.

To be exact, Max was lifting me in a princess carry.

'What is this person doing now?'

I stared at him with an absurd look, but he just stared at my father with a cold look.

"I think I found it. My weakness."

My father's face got colder when he heard him speak those words.

"You're a good talker."

Max shook his head.

"Not anymore, I have to warn you, if you touch my weakness, I won't just let you go. Even if you are my teacher."

At that, I sucked in a breath.

'No, he will only get father angry by doing this...'

I was watching the bloody glare they exchanged without any time to hold back.

My father replied with a cold smile, "Yeah, and since you said so, I will no longer consider my disciple."

_

[ note : more drama lolololol ]