Chapter 11

Humans are the most intelligent yet the most stupid creation of God

________________________________________________________________________________

The sound of heavy footsteps resonated through the royal chambers of the king as he entered to see a familiar figure of a girl on his bed who laid with her eyes closed. Trying not to make any sound, he settled himself beside her. He gazed at her face which had utter calmness on it. No worries, no tension. Nothing. He wondered even after all this, how can she be so calm?

"Your highness?"

His trance was broken by a soft voice and he looked at her. Her brown orbs met his black ones as he gave her a huge smile.

"Shilpika, how are you feeling now?" He asked helping her to sit. After placing the pillows comfortably behind her back, he sat at his place again.

"I'm fine my king." She answered honestly while giving him a small smile. He took her hands in his and gazed at them. While playing with a few bangles in her wrist, he started speaking.

"I can't tell you how happy I am Shilpika. I can't thank you enough for what you've given me. All my worries and my stress is gone now. I've nothing to worry now. Thank you so much." He said and Shilpika sensed genuine appreciation and gratefulness in his voice which made her smile.

"My king, its my absolute honor that I, a mere maid was able to serve you. You don't have to thank me. This was the least that I could do for my kingdom and you." Shilpika admitted. Advait looked at her awestruck, shocked at her giving nature and selflessness. The more he spent time with her, the more he found a better side of hers. Even after what happened with her, there was absolutely no ounce of hatred or irritation in her.

"You never fail to amaze me Shilpika." He admitted, pecking her forehead gently.

"I just tend to go with the flow my king." They both fell into complete silence. After a few minutes, Advait spoke.

"Now now, you are carrying the future heir of Chandanvan, the most awaited member of the family. So you need to be very very careful now. You need to eat properly, drink properly and rest properly. No running like kids and yes, please watch your step." Shilpika giggled slightly at the end but nodded nonetheless. He was well aware of her clumsy nature which made him make such a comment.

"I will increase your security because now, more than me, you are prone to attacks. So you have to be extremely careful about it." Advait spotted worry clouding her face and he sighed. He should've been more careful with what he speaks now.

"But there is nothing to worry about. Everything will be fine. I have everything under control. You, just relax." Shilpika heaved a sigh of relief and nodded at him.

"You rest now. I'll take my leave." He said, patting her flat belly gently as she smiled in return. Soon he left to run some errands while she sat there smiling, caressing and looking at her flat belly.