☾ forty - one ☾

Start from the beginning

For a moment, the knights blazed with discontent.

'He's a commoner.'

'Juvellian' is a person who doesn't care about people's opinion when she's in love, but even so, in the eyes of the knights, it looked like he was a commoner who was taking advantage of the princess.

And Max could not, not notice the eyes of the knights who looked at him like they wanted to kill him.

'This is very annoying.'

Baron Gordon has already exhausted his patience.

It could be said that it was a miracle that he had endured so far, who had never endured when he had been struggling until now.

'Yes, you have to step on the annoying things.'

After that judgment, Max's red eyes showed clear hostility.

The knights who perceived the sharp and fierce anticipation in front of them flinched and almost reached out their hands to their hilts without their knowledge.

'What is it?' This mercenary...'

Max was a swordmaster who was walking on the path of the sword.

The knights were skilled enough so they could infer the situation, but the sharp aura emanating from him...

'Strong, where did such a person appear?'

His eyes were so ferocious that Geraldine felt the urge to pull out his sword and prepare for the opponent's attack.

However, Juvellian clinging to his side made him unable to move.

Then, her voice with no sense broke the silence.

"Are you threatening my lover, gentlemen?"

The knights lamented when Juvellian, who had not figured out the atmosphere, spoke.

'We were threatening?'

A knight sighed out of resentment and tried to tell the truth.

"Lady, that's not it..."

Then, Juvellian's eyes became thinner.

"Not what? Do you think I didn't see you guys making scary faces?"

"Juvellian, I mean, just..." Geraldine wanted to appeal.

'There's something scarier behind you.'

But Juvellian didn't even give him a chance to talk.

"Anybody would be scared."

When that was over, Max, who was standing behind Juvellian, raised one side of his mouth with a menacing appearance.

Whatever it was, the knights wanted to say, 'Please look behind you'.

But Juvellian was still looking forward.

"If multiple people scare one person, it doesn't matter if they are knights or children, I think it's shameful!"

The knights swallowed their saliva when she said so.

< Protect my daughter. Please. >

Until now, with his loyalty toward the Duke, Todd has been quietly guarding Juvellian, but now he thought it was really unfair and raised his voice, "Hey, we really-"

But Juvellian turned her head towards Max and asked him, as if she didn't want to hear their reasonings anymore, "Are you all right?"

"Yes." Max replied, nodding his head and smiling with his previous hostility completely erased.

The knights opened their mouths in bewilderment.

'What kind of guy is he?'

Geraldine wondered if what had happened in the banquet hall was intentional.

"Lady, he is..." Geraldine tried to reason once more, but Juvellian just grabbed Max's hand and stared at the knights.

"First of all, I'm heading back to the mansion."

After dismissing the chilly notice, Juvellian whispered to Max. "Don't worry, no matter what happens, I'll protect you."

Max frowned, then sighed.

'You're so frail...'

It was absurd.

But he didn't hate the ridiculous statement and the warmth of her hand.

_

After arriving at the mansion, the butler stared at Max with amazement.

"My lady, why are you with him...?"

Derek was at a loss for words.

Did he know that he was a disciple of her father?

'Yes, it's better to make sure they know right away.'

"He's my guest."

At my answer, Derek replied with a sigh of relief.

"Ah, that's right. Then I'll take you to the reception room..."

I interrupted Derek and said.

"And he's also the one I love."

Then, I heard the sound of something falling.

Bang! Crash!

I turned my head and saw my father staring at us with a frightened looked.

"Juvellian, what is the meaning of this?"

It was a long journey because I had finally arrived at the finish line here.

But on the other hand, I felt good thinking that I could finally get rid of the trouble.

I opened my mouth with a smile.

"Say hello, Max, it's my father."

My father's face hardened as soon as my words ended.

"Juvellian, what do you mean by that?"

I've never seen that look on his face before, but my father glared at Max and me angrily.

'To think a person who didn't care about what I did could be so angry.'

At that moment, I felt a bit unruly.

'You must have been angry because I, just a tool of political marriage, do not want to marry the Crown Prince, but instead lured in my dear father's disciple.'

I opened my mouth with my arms folded as if to show myself in Max's arms.

"As I just told you, we're officially dating." My father glared at me at my words.

Then he spoke in a quiet voice, "Let's head inside and talk."

The lie worked, for Geraldine and the knights but if I told a lie to my father, it was obvious that I would be caught.

That's why I decided to mix lies within the truth.

'Can I do it well?'

Honestly, I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

But at this moment, I didn't want to let myself be intimidated.

'It's all right, I can do it.'

I cheered myself up by encouraging myself in my head as much as I could.

At that time, the arm around mine suddenly unfolded.

I looked at him and was surprised when I saw him take my hand.

"Let's...go."

It was awkward, but I didn't hate his voice laced with respect.

'Is it because I'm not alone?'

I wasn't afraid of being scolded today.

_

[ note : daddy regis is angry once again ]