☾ thirty - nine ☾

Start from the beginning

'I made a bad call.'

Apparently, the nobles who were close to the Floyen family talked about Princess Floyen as an arrogant and inexperienced little girl.

The overbearing gaze, arrogant speech, and the figure of the woman staring at him were not spoiled.

Rather, at that moment, he couldn't tell whether she was a girl or a beast that would threaten his life.

'You damn girl, knowing that I can't compensate you, you're going to be gutsy like this.'

He became an aristocrat only by his hard work.

If he talked informally to the princess to restore his self-esteem, it would cost him to lose this hard-earned position.

The Baron bowed his head in haste.

"I've been rude to the Princess. Please forgive me with a generous heart."

Even though he apologized, Juvellian shook her head and said coldly.

"I think it's not to me who the Baron should ask for forgiveness, but to my escort."

The Baron gritted his teeth.

He resented the Princess, making him bow his head towards such a lowly commoner was shameful.

However, if he didn't apologize, it would mean he's rebelling against the princess, as such he immediately bowed his head and opened his mouth.

"I'm sorry. I guess I misunderstood you."

At the Baron's words, who had been forced out of his mouth, Max looked down on him instead of answering.

'Hold on, you bastard! It doesn't matter if the princess is backing you, you're looking down on me too much-'

The Baron flinched as he stared at Max.

It was because he caught sight of bright red eyes that were filled with hatred.

'I didn't notice until now because I wasn't looking properly, but what kind of gaze is like that...'

His mind was flustered.

Murder request, threat, assault...

Baron Gordon has done everything he could possibly think of to get up to where he was now.

But even he had never seen such bright eyes.

'That's dangerous.'

The Baron, terrified by the petty commoner rather than the princess, gulped without realizing it.

He wanted to get out of this current predicament.

"I've apologized, so I'll leave you alone."

When the Baron disappeared, running away, Max glared at the back of the escaping man.

'Baron Gordon...I'll have to kill him sooner or later.'

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

As the face he wanted to see came into his sight, his eyes, which had a harsh light just a short moment ago, quickly became gentle.

'Did she expect me to get hurt by that kind of guy?'

Max hesitated to answer as usual.

< I'm already being ignored in society, how ridiculous would people think I am if you ignore me? >

Max answered, holding her small but warm hand tightly, "Yes, I'm all right."

At that moment, Juvellian's eyes opened wide.