"You're an amazing father figure. I'm glad to have met you Phobus. I don't think I'd have managed to make it this far without you."

And with that, following the rise of the sun, I widened my eyes as I saw it. The most touching and soul-stirring moment I had ever allowed myself to witness, as when the golden hues passed by his transparent body, he began to sparkle from the feet up. Quickly dissolving into what looked to be pale white poppies that were... Physical and falling down into the still busy streets below. Was he..? But no, that isn't possible he hasn't seen Elizabeth yet. We haven't done anything we didn't usually? We found ourselves having these kinds of discussions a lot, why was now so noteworthy...?

My eyes widened, and unexpectedly tears sprung from my eyes, they were real tears as I saw them drip from my cheek onto the pave of the rooftop we hovered over. He was so calm, so at peace while he was slowly turning into the earth that he once came from. "1845 S La Cienega Blvd, that's where he is. The tall apartment on the third floor, only two rooms at that level; one of which is his." I was at loss, my once enlightened persona melting away to concern, worry and a bit of frightfulness. Who knew that faced with the situation the both of us switched feelings. "What..? You haven't even seen Elizabeth..!" I whispered out in awe, a selfish part of me hoping he'd stay and not leave me alone like this so suddenly.

Just like Alex.

"...I sort of knew she wasn't the thing that would make me pass on. After all, I had seen her before as a spectre, I watched her grow up before travelling around the world as a spirit. I gave up on passing on, only really helping you to try and get her to say what I always wanted her to...

I love you, Dad, you really were the best father I could ever ask for." Already, the infection of flowers was at his waist and the tips of his fingers and was only getting faster, was this what it was? The apotheosis of human existence? Was I meant to see this? So many questions buzzed and bounced around my head like a pachinko machine. So... This whole time all he wanted was to feel or well be the good parent he wished he could've been while he was alive. Just as he became like another parent to me, I was the daughter he could now be there for. Very evocative, memories of Alex's father flashed my mind, he never really felt like my own... Nither did Mamá, they were always 'Alex's parents.' And I was okay with that, don't get me wrong they loved me all the same, but a tugging in my heart always kind of wanted... My own. As self-centred as that sounded.

I wanted a family that I didn't feel like I was intruding on, since in my worst state of mind that discouraging voice that hid quietly in my subconscious would whisper my worst thoughts. They only pitied you, they never loved you... They loved knowing Alex had a babysitter. You're not a part of the family, no wonder your parents abandoned you; you're such a disgusting leach. The nasty comments always put me at my worst, I was my own worst enemy. I knew what made me tick, I knew my worst fears and worries. No one could hurt me more than myself.

So I suppose having him be like... My own Dad was... Comforting in a way I had never felt before. Knowing all his care and affection was on me and me alone, it was nice having someone devote themselves to your wellbeing. Watch over you, give you advice, help you through the never-ending obstacles of life... Be that pillar of help and unconditional love every single person deserved, though unfortunately, not everyone received. It was a privilege to have had the opportunity to spend this short time with him, an inconsequential amount considering my whole time of existence. But these past couple of days had been more influential to me than any other period of time that could immediately spring to mind.

"Thank you for everything, I'll see you on the other side Y/n." He grinned, just before the pure white petals grew to cover his face and blow away in the wind, leaving nothing behind. The wind gently blew, a soft whistle sound that rung through my ears and brought on a calming effect that allowed me to stand and mourn. He had really left as fast as that, and I was the only one left standing.