[4]

5:06

I lay back down and roll over. I really want to say it's not the house it's me, but it is this goddamn house. Where's the noise? No gun shots, no trains, no fighting. The only sound was the consistent vibrations of my phone from my father texting me.

Back home a normal night for me was yelling at the crackheads down the street to shut the fuck up. And now I'm here. Living in the goddamn burbs. What the hell was Anna thinking? Im a goddamn sewer rat living it up like a princess. If only my folks back home could see me now. Other than my no good nagging father of course.

I can hear them now "Ole Roxanne from rags to riches. TV dinners to 5 course meals. Two bedroom apartment to..."

Now what the hell was that?

I sit up in my bed and look at my door. I look at the little light that shines in from the hallway checking for a shadow. Now if I didn't know any better I'd lay back down, but I do. So, I'm going for a walk and if everyone happens to be murdered when I come back oh well.

Getting out the bed I put on some simple sweatpants and hoodie with my house shoes. I love my loafers. I open my door slowly and peak out. I see no one, but notice Cassies light is on. Maybe she was going to the bathroom.

I close the door and tip toe across the wooden floors to my window. I lift it as silently as I can and throw one leg out and then the other. Before I could make another move my phone begins to vibrate again catching me off guard.

'Why aren't you home, I'm back now.'

'Roxanne."

'Answer me please Roxy."

'I'm sorry I was gone for so long, I'm promise I'm better now."
If I had a fickle for every times he's said that I'd be a teenage millionaire right now.

I put my phone in my pocket and proceeded with my escape.

Once I'm sitting on the ledge I move carefully to the thick branch hanging near the window. From there I climb down and start my walk down the street.

Oh the nostalgia, seems like just yesterday I was almost hit by a 18 wheeler tractor trailer. Oh good times.

I hum a simply tune and let the cold breeze blow across my face. The neighborhood is so quiet even the crickets sound like they're trying to whisper.

I continue walking and take a left, thinking the road would go in a circle.
Of course the world hates me so I end up at a dead end and turn back around. Why the hell are cul de sacs even a fucking thing?

When I see multiple turns on my way back I lose all sense of direction. Was there a blue house at the turn or a red one?

Was there even a stop sign? I pull out my phone to try to gps my way home when I remember I don't even know the damn address.

I begin to zoom in on the streets anyway to see if a name is familiar.

I stop and turn when I hear the sound of paws hitting the hard concrete road. A fairly large dog was hauling ass down the street directly at me. Now me being the quick thinking logical person I am, I make up my mind right then and there and take a right turn.

Running full speed up the sidewalk, one of my loafers fly off. I look over to see it tumbling down the road behind me past a big ass German Shepard. The other one is gone soon after and I let out a sound of frustration.

"Baby!!" A voice rasps out through the cold night air.

There's pervs out here too!? Who the fuck is trying to pick up women at 6 in the morning. I'm never walking this fucking neighborhood again.