James' Confusion

Začít od začátku

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I kept an eye on the two of them after that, nothing suspicious had happened yet, but i was still panicked about it. I could just ask Remus, but I didn't want to be made into an idiot or make things awkward.

I was in fact taking a nice lunchtime stroll around the castle, when I saw them together again. They were lying side by side in front of the lake and from what I could tell, cloud watching. I couldn't believe my eyes! That was definitely a couples activity.
Although I was rather far away, I could see Lily laughing and Remus smiling, looking flushed. They looked so peaceful and happy, I didn't have the heart to disturb them, but rage still boiled inside of me.

Part of me was saying I was being irrational and there was an obvious explanation for this, but I wasn't really listening to it. I clenched my fists and felt my anger exploding. I wanted to punch something! Remus was one of my best friends, I couldn't believe he would do something like this! I turned on my heel and stormed off, before I did something I would regret.

I found an empty classroom and sat, running over the events of the last few minutes in my head. Once the fury had subsided, I started to just feel stupid again. The rational side of my brain took over, and I realised I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions like that. Me and Sirius hung out all the time, and we weren't dating. I wasn't really annoyed at Remus anymore so much as curious. Even if they weren't dating, I had a feeling the explanation wasn't so simple.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Though slightly reluctantly, I had put the Remus/Lily situation to the back of my mind. This was partly to focus on studying and partly to stop myself going berserk!

I was eager to get the day done as tomorrow it was a hogsmeade weekend. Practically running, I went down to breakfast. However, the sight that greeted me was not a welcome one. I noticed Remus was not sitting with Sirius and Peter like usual, so I scanned the table and, to my dismay, saw him sitting down at the end with Lily and the other girls.

I had hoped this wouldn't happen. Even though I knew it was kind of selfish, I really couldn't stand the idea of Remus and Lily dating. I liked her far too much for that! Slipping into the gap next to Sirius, I kept my eyes fixed on the two supposed love birds.

"Why isn't Remus sitting with us, you haven't annoyed him or anything have you?" I told Sirius, still not moving my eyes and using a fake laugh to mask my fear.

"Oh I dunno, he said something about needing to talk to Lily."

"Alright" I looked away from them and started helping myself to food. I was glad it wasn't definite, like Remus saying he needed to sit with his girlfriend or something. But it did very little to stop the uneasy feeling in my stomach. I dared to look back up at them, and saw the exact thing I feared. Lily was grinning at Remus who was laughing and jokily shoving her. Now that was flirting if I ever saw it!

"So Prongs, got anyone special to take to hogsmeade?" Sirius was smiling mischievously as he spoke.

"No, Lilyflower still hasn't said yes, you?"

"No surprises there! And no, but i'm hoping a certain person will ask me" he shifted uncomfortably and laughed nervously as he said it. Before i could say anything, he
started talking again, eager to change the subject. "I heard Peter has a date though."

"Oh yeah, I'm going with Desmonda Lewis" chirped in Peter.

"Good for you Peter, need any dating advice you know where to come."

"Yeah, i'll be sure to ask Sirius"

I mocked being hurt and they laughed, I was glad to have a distraction.