her finger trailed down his forehead and around his eyes. 'and the cutest nose.' her finger traced the bridge of his nose. 'and such pretty plump lips, the cutest lil tooth gap.' she laughed making daniel roll his eyes.

'you're prettier though.' daniel said, and alaska shook her head.
'nah-uh, you're the prettiest.'

'okay, how bout this. i'll be your pretty boy if you agree that you're my pretty girl.'

alaska hummed again. 'alright i guess i can live with that.'

'good, cause i think you have much prettier lips than me.' and in a flash, daniel pulled the camera out of alaska's hand, pointing it towards the two of them as he leaned up and pulled her down for a kiss.

daniel watched as the two of them kissed on the screen until the video cut off.

the sob he was holding back, tore free from his throat and he buried his face into his arms and knees, muffling his cries.

'pretty boy'

that had been alaska's nickname for him. he always pretended that it had annoyed him but deep down he loved it.... daniel couldn't remember the last time he heard her call him that and it made his heart clench. he would do anything if he got to hear alaska call him 'pretty boy' again.

he stayed like that, head buried in his knees for a few minutes, before he decided to torment himself by watching another video.

this time he clicked on the thumbnail of alaska's sleeping face. he remembered taking this about a year ago, she was sick that day and daniel had come over to comfort her and keep her company until she got better. at one point he left to the drugstore to pick up some things for her and when he got back, she was passed out on her bed. in seconds daniel had his camera out and began recording alaska.

a ruffling noise sounded as daniel turned on the camera and sunk onto his knees, alaska's peaceful face coming into the frame. daniel sighed behind the camera, his hand coming into view as he pushed back a strand of her hair from her face. 'how are you still the prettiest girl in the world even when you're sick?' he asked from behind the camera. 'i don't know if you'll ever see this video but if you do, i promise i'm not being creepy. i just- i saw you looking so peaceful, which is nice cause you've been coughing all day, and i hate seeing my pretty girl so miserable. but you look so calm right now and u really need you to get better because you have no idea how badly i want to kiss you.' daniel sighed again in content. 'i love you y'know... like i love you so much it physically hurts. i think about you all the time, especially when i'm out on tour.'

'that's good to know because i think about you when you're out on tour too.' alaska nasally mumbled, eyes still closed shut.

daniel groaned. 'how much of that did you hear?'

'the part where you said you loved me.' she teased, fluttering her eyes open.

'we'll it's true.'

'good because i love you too, pretty boy.'

daniel groaned again, 'are you ever gonna drop the pretty boy thing?'

'of course not, it's your new nickname and you can't argue with me because i'm sick.'

daniel laughed, 'oh so you're gonna pull out the sick card huh?'

she nodded. 'yes, now come nap with me pretty boy. i need my big spoon.'

'alright, but i better not get sick.' daniel said, turning off the camera.