“Aiden what have we told you about feeding the dog.” Emilia said as Aiden smiled shyly before burring his face into his food. The moment food was finished Aiden was out of his seat and rushing towards the tree.

Emilia and Alex cleaned up sharing kisses as they finished cleaning up as Aiden demanded they hurry up.

“Ok Aiden calm down, we are just coming.” Alex grabbed Emilia’s hand and dragged her into the lounge room where Aiden was waiting in front on the tree almost jumping in his spot.

“Ok Mr impatient.” Emilia grabbed the camera taking pictures of their first Christmas as a family.

“Here you go buddy.” They laughed as Aiden ripped into the paper gasping when he saw a collection of Dvd’s that he wanted.

“Daddy ninja turtles.” He yelled out holding the dvd up in the air.

“Ok Aiden give this to daddy.” Emilia said passing the present to Aiden who gave it to Alex. Alex opened his present and smiled when he saw a pile of new shirts that he needed.

“Thanks guys.” Aiden scrunched up his noise at his father’s presents hoping his dad got something cool.

“Ok Aiden give this to Emilia.” Emilia opened up her gift and smiled when it was a picture of the tree of them at the beach together. Even though it wasn’t the most expensive gift it meant more to Emilia then either Alex or anyone could understand.

The rest of the morning went by as they each opened up there gifts until there were none more left.

“Ok there is one more for Emilia.” Alex smiled as he grabbed the final box from under the tree. Emilia looked at the box and frowned at how light it felt.

She opened up the box and found another much smaller box inside. Emilia gasped as Alex smiled as she went to open the much smaller box inside the large box. When Emilia opened the box she didn’t find what she expected. She found a bit of paper sitting on the top surrounded by palm tree confetti’s.

Frowning she opened up the piece of paper and quickly scanned the words before gasping and looking up at Alex.

“Alex is this what I think it is?” Emilia asked as she read the paper again.

“I know this have been stressful these last few week, but I managed to get a few weeks off and decided this was the perfect thing we needed.” Alex smiled as Emilia looked at the three tickets to the Bahamas.

“Oh my god Alex this is nuts.” Alex remembered on their first date how they talked about places they wanted to travel and the Bahamas was one of the place Emilia wanted to go.

“I can’t believe you remembered this Alex.”  Alex leant forward and kissed Emilia as the ticket sat in-between them.

“I remember everything mi amor.” Alex murmured into her lips sending a tickling sensation as his day old scruff rubbed against her cheek creating a tingling sensation.