Her phone rang in the back pocket of her jeans.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Did you just get an invitation too?" Elena asked.

"Yup." Adeline responded.

"Care did too—and Stefan and Damon." Elena told her friend. They decided they would all go, there was strength in numbers. None of them knew the reason behind the Original Family deciding to throw a ball, but they knew they would find out.

Being in a house full of original indestructible vampires wasn't Adeline's ideal evening but she began to get ready anyways. She brushed eyeshadow over her eyelids, creating a deep smokey eye look to match the gown. She curled her hair and decided to leave it all down tonight. She topped the look off with bright red lipstick, it was bold which she wasn't use to—but she was feeling bold tonight.

When she was finally ready to slip into the dress, it fit her like a glove. She didn't know how Klaus had her perfect measurements—but he did. It fit on her body like it was hand made just for her. She paired the dress with a pair of strappy black heels.

"Okay—I'm ready

"Okay—I'm ready." she took a deep breath and headed for the door.

***

She came alone to the Mikaelson Mansion knowing she would meet her friends inside. It felt like the founder's ball all over again—here she was standing outside this large house, in a pretty dress...alone. She could hear the music flowing inside, along with chatter and laughter. Her feet started to feel heavy as bricks and her stomach was overtaken by intense nerves.

She sucked in the largest breath she could manage, filling her lungs to capacity before slowing exhaling. She stepped inside the mansion; her heels were clicking against the marble floors. The foyer had tall ceilings and a staircase that wrapped around where you could go up or down on either side of the room.

All the eyes in the room shifted to her once again—she hated the attention, but she knew it was inevitable, that's what she gets for arriving when everyone else was already here. Some people looked at her with pity—mainly the older folks of the town who knew her father, some looked at her with envy, and some were just plain gawking.

Klaus stood in the middle of room, surrounded by a group of fellow Hybrids and his siblings—he was chatting and laughing until he saw the girl. His smile was wiped of his face and he was instantly enveloped with her beauty. He knew the dress would look good on her—but he never could have imagined it would look this good.

A smile spread across Elijah's face when he saw Adeline. He had a deep affection for the girl, he cared for her. He wanted her to be the saving grace for his brother and seeing the way Klaus looked at her when she stepped inside was the indication he needed that he may be right—she could change him.

"I think my date just arrived brother." Kol said, as her stared at the blonde with the ruby red lips. Klaus knew his brother didn't know anything about who Adeline was yet, and Kol like everyone else was just as taken by her beauty.