𝟑𝟑

"I don't know how you can be so chill throughout this whole thing." Demetrius said playing with the strings on his hoodie.

Remy shrugged his shoulders not knowing how to answer. He had called Demetrius over, so they could talk. Since he first told Demi the news, he knew he wasn't going to take it lightly. And he wasn't expecting him to either. No child ever would take the news of their own parent being positive to a very dangerous disease lightly.

"Honestly though, pops, why are you so calm?" Demetrius asked. It seem like he was the only one really stressing over this whole thing.

His mom and dad was just casually living their lives, not talking about anything. When he would ask his pops a question, Remy would just answer nonchalant. So, he was curious as to why they were so fine with it.

"How do you expect me to act? Scared? Depressed? Angry? Honestly, Demi is that how you want me to react?" Remy answered with a question.

Demi shrugged his shoulders, "Ion know really, but I don't expect you to be okay with it. Your literally living with a disease that can't be cured. You know you could die from this right?" Demetrius asked looking at his dad.

Remy chuckled, shaking his head. "Jesus, Demi your so dramatic. Where's wifey when you need her?"

"She went back to work."

"Her doctor let her?"

Demetrius shook his head, "No, but she said she was bored sitting in the house and wanted to get out. So, she went to work for the day. But, let's not change the subject pops." He said and Remy roll his eyes.

"Demi, what do want me to say exactly? I was careless and now I have a disease that I can't get rid of. Who's fault is that? Mine, so I don't know why your so worried."

"I'm worried because your my dad and I'm not trying to lose another parent within the same year. As sad as it is to say, but when Darnell died I didn't feel no type of way like that. I just thought that's how the world is, but of course imma have a different reaction with you. I really don't like the thought that something might happen and you won't be able to see your granddaughter or walk Constance down the aisle. I just want you here."

"Aww, you poor thing." Remy cooed pulling Demetrius towards him and holding his head. "You need to be more positive like my test results." he joked and Demetrius quickly sat up, mugging him.

Remy started laughing, "Oh, lighten up it was a joke...somewhat." He said and Demi shook his head.

"It has to be funny to be a joke."

"Well, it was funny to me. Now, what's this about walking Constance down the aisle. You proposed?"

Demetrius sigh then answered, "Not yet and I'm trying to, but I can't really seem to find the right day because some personal shit always comes up which ruins it. Not to mention, too much is happening and both of our attentions are on opposite stuff right now. So, yeah." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, you should be happy you didn't propose yet. I'm not saying she won't say yes, but I think you should talk to her first just to see where her mind is right now. And your right, a lot of things are going on so you can't do anything special for her, but don't let that discourage you. I just want you to make sure the both of y'all are on the same page because marriage is a commitment. A very serious commitment between two people who love each other. I want the both of y'all to know that this will be a lifetime thing. You understand?"

"Yeah, pops I gotchu."

"Good. Now, your all positive."

"Shit still not funny."