𝟎𝟓

Constance swung her feet as she sat on the hospital bed

Constance swung her feet as she sat on the hospital bed. She was waiting for her doctor to come back and give her, her results. She wanted to make sure she was pregnant. Sometimes pregnancy tests could lie and she just needed to be sure.

"Alright hon," Doctor Brown said soon as she walked in the room. "So, I have your results."

"And what does it say?" Constance asked, tapping her thumbs together.

"It's confirmed that your pregnant, congratulations love." Dr. Brown answered and Constance let out a sigh.

"Do you know how far long I am?" Constance asked her.

"From your last menstrual cycle, I will say your at the end of your ninth week going into your tenth. I can confirm with an ultrasound that we can do now." Dr.Brown told her and Constance nodded her head.

"We can schedule your second appointment now as well if you like. We'll have to talk about a few things today considering it's your first time being pregnant." Her Doctor continued.

"What about an abortion?" Constance asked, bluntly catching Dr.Brown off guard.

"I-umm, what about an abortion?" Dr.Brown asked her. "I'm sorry, you caught me off guard with that one."

"It's okay, but I was wondering about abortions. I want to have one and I was just asking about one." Constance explained to her, Dr.Brown nodding her head.

"Right, okay well you can get an abortion by going to a clinic and talking to them. We can also do one here if you like." Dr.Brown told her.

"Okay, so what do I have to do to get one now?"

Dr.Brown paused looking at her, "Umm, I'm sorry that I keep pausing in between your questions. Your able to get an abortion now, at least before you hit twelve weeks some clinics do up to sixteen weeks. The workers there will ask you questions then they'll decide which method your able to get." She explained, Constance nodding her head understanding.

"So, do I have to make an appointment or do I just walk in?" She questioned.

"You can do both, but it's best to call in maybe. Umm, are you sure your making the right decision?" Dr.Brown asked, Constance frowning at her question.

"Yes. It's my body my choice right?" Constance asked her and her doctor nodded her head.

"Yes, it's your body your choice. But, I seen a lot of young women in your position and they end up changing their minds after they get the procedure done. I just want to make sure your decision is your final decision and this is what you want to do. A decision you and the father came up with." Dr.Brown explained to her.

"Is this a decision you and the father made?" she asked noticing Constance was frowning.

She look around the room before answering, "No, it's only my decision. I didn't plan on mentioning it because I know he would want me to keep it. I'm just avoiding the argument and drama by not saying anything."