Shin Ryujin - Safe Kid

Requested by the lovely @ChaerySF21 so hope you enjoy this oneshot!
Person: Shin Ryujin from ITZY
Genre: Angst 
----------------------------------------------

Ryujin Pov

"Ryu, I keep telling you that you have to cut it out with your defiant behaviour!" My friend, Y/N claimed while he trailed beside me, "And how the hell did you get the idea to graffiti the school walls?! You already have a record built up and vandalizing the walls will only just add to it." 

I shrugged, "So what? My friends dared me and I thought it'd be funny."

"But your repo-"

"Blah blah blah, you worry too much. I'll just deal with the consequences later," I stated which made him frown at my statement.

This was our daily routine, I do something and he scolds me. There wasn't a single day where I wouldn't get a nagging from him.

You see, this has been going on for several years now. Way too several. Y/N and I were childhood friends, causing mischief together however once we were caught and got a good talking to from the adults, Y/N became what you call a "Safe boy".

However not me, I am not about all the goody-goody life, I just want to have fun without a care. But due to his change, he's been insisting on changing from doing such acts and tried to stop me every way he could. Which half the time worked due to his constant persistence.

Even with us contrasting in personality growing up, we kept a stable and good relationship. Some people would consider us as best friends even. 

"So.. what are you going to do this weekend?" He initiated the conversation.

I looked into his eyes before raising a smirk, "I'll be going to Yeonjun's par-"

He abruptly cut me off, "Nope, you won't be going." 

"What do you mean I'm not going? Of course, I am going!" I shot back with aggression while furrowing my brows and pouting.

"No, you are not. End off." 

"And what do you suggest I do?" 

"Study?" He innocently suggested.

"Studying? Pfft-" I burst into a laughing fit, that I almost couldn't breathe for a while while he just looked unamused, "Y/Nie, you're really funny, you know that right?" 

I slapped his shoulder while he continued to stay silent, "Ahh that was really funny."

"I'm being serious Ryujin, you should care more about your future." 

"The future is in the future, and I can always cram in a session before any exams. But for now, we're supposed to have fun while we're still young, so loosen up," I playfully punched his shoulder while from his expression he didn't seem to be satisfied. 

"Whatever, let's just go," He said before walking off to our destination during the evening hours due to me being held back for my actions.

Being held back was nothing new to me, as I'd always get into trouble for doing something. However, Y/N would always stay behind as well just to make sure we get home together, which I appreciate.

~A few days later, on the day of the party~

Safe Boy

Remember, you're not going to Yeonjun's party. All the parties you attend end up bizarre, so you're staying home.

While I appreciate his kindness at times, him holding me back like this I do not appreciate as much.

Whatever you say

I didn't have time to spend time arguing with him, as I needed to prepare for the party. 

I styled my midlength indigo hair as a bob style. And I also put on black glittery boots that reached up to my knees. I also put on tight black shorts and a shirt that had glittery green and yellow elbow stripes, with some design on the front and more glittery colour around the neck. Oh and can't forget the golden earrings.  Finish with the makeup... and done!

I got my bag that contained all my necessities, and I walked to the door, but on the way I quickly admired myself in the window just to give a final check that I was ready to go.

*creak*

"And where do you think you are going?" A familiar voice spoke out making me startled.