Chapter 9: Behind Closed Doors

Začít od začátku

He stopped when his hand was held and turned around, only for his mouth to be hit with the soft feeling of lips. Wei WuXian's eyes fluttered shut, answering to the familiar gesture of familiar lips on his. Lan WangJi changed his grip to hold Wei WuXian's waist with one hand, the other holding the back of the younger's hair, possessively. Wei WuXian hummed in satisfaction, hugging the males neck tightly. When they parted, they both panted softly, Wei WuXian breaking into a loving smile, "Is my Hanguang Jun jealous?"

Lan WangJi looked down at him, "Perhaps,"

Wei WuXian giggled softly, pressing his lips to the latters again. Pulling back, he muttered, "I missed you...you didn't visit for three months, I was worried,"

Lan WangJi moved both his hands around the demonic cultivators waist, eyes softening, "I'm sorry,"

Wei WuXian just smiled to assure it was fine. He then remembered the entire situation and blinked, "Ah...why are you here?"

"Why are you here?" Lan WangJi repeated.

"I asked first," Wei WuXian stated.

Lan WangJi huffed, but answered, "I heard you were here and came to find you, I was worried,"

"Worried?"

"You have another year,"

Wei WuXian's expression turned bitter, "I know. I'm not supposed to be here. I have another year of being a caged bird, whatever,"

Lan WangJi frowned, "Do you feel trapped?"

Wei WuXian almost laughed, grumbling coldly, "What does anyone care how I feel?"

Lan WangJi's face turned stern and Wei WuXian winced, knowing his mistake. He hung his head, "Sorry, force of habit,"

"You had stopped,"

"Its harder...being out here. Old habits are very tempting," Wei WuXian released his grip and stepped away, avoiding eye contact.

He heard Lan WangJi intake, the other knowing well what 'old habits' could mean. Wei WuXian swallowed and placed Chenqing underneath his pillow, before peeling off his outer robe, folding them and setting them down neatly. He then turned around and saw Lan WangJi's eyes on him, the gold trailing up and down.

Wei WuXian smiled knowingly and couldn't stop himself from teasing, "Miss me?"

"So much," Lan WangJi answered without pause.

Wei WuXian blushed lightly, before shaking his head and stating,

"Go away, come back tomorrow morning,"

"Why?" Lan WangJi walked over slowly.

Wei WuXian chuckled, "I have to sleep,"

"This early?" Lan WangJi narrowed his eyes slightly.

"I've got quite the work cut out for me, especially being here! Plus, if they're going to provide me with comfortable beds, I'm going to use them as much as I can," Wei WuXian smiled coldly, "Plus, if I'm even a second late, they are going to be ready to ship me off to a sect for execution,"

"They are trying to do the same to me," Lan WangJi shrugged, coming to a stop in front of the younger.

Wei WuXian gaped up at Lan WangJi, "What? How did you come to that conclusion?"

"They are trying to catch me," Lan WangJi spoke dryly.

Wei WuXian blinked for a few seconds, "Yeah? They're trying to help you...Lan Zhan, do you know what state Xichen-Ge is in?"