talking to the moon

Okay, here's a brief explanation of what this story is. It's based off of my series on tiktok in which the universe is talking to your comfort character. Some of the stories will include scenarios with the universe and some of them will be like this one, where it's just your comfort character. (My tiktok is @cedric.with.no.johnny by the way)

This one is based off of Bruno Mars' song Talking to the Moon because i love it and it gave me a really good idea for a scenario. I would highly recommend listening to the song while you read this chapter, as it really sets the mood. Enjoy! :)

——————————————————————————

Your comfort character laid in bed, staring at the luminescent moon through their window. For the past two hours they'd been trying to fall asleep, but you were occupying their mind.

They sighed and pushed aside their duvet, then walked over to sit in front of their window and examine the white rock in the sky.

"I know you're somewhere out there, somewhere far away. Still, I miss you. I can't stand being without you. I mean, I'm literally sitting by myself, talking to the moon in hopes you're on the other side, talking to me too."

Your comfort character sighed. "Every night I talk to the moon. Every night. I wish you could be with me right now. I know you're trying really hard." A faint smile came to their lips at the thought of your determination to get to them.

"It's not so bad though, waiting. I can be patient, and hey, I can talk to you through the moon. At least I think I can." They chuckled.

"I probably look like an idiot, sitting here, speaking to the night sky, but I don't mind. You know sometimes I feel like I'm losing it, but then I think of finally getting to hold you in my arms, to be able to feel the way your arms feel around me. That makes me feel a bit less mental. It makes me feel like I still have some of my sanity."

Your comfort character stood up and allowed their self to push open the window. The cool, fresh, air washed over their face. They took a deep breath in and could have sworn it smelt a little like you. Maybe they were going mad, or maybe the universe was showing them that you were listening.

A/N: okay sorry this was kind of short but it's my first one, hopefully the next one will be longer. I'm thinking of starting a story that will be full of Cedric imagines if you guys would read it. Also, don't be afraid to leave suggestions for the next part!