And each time it melted my heart.

Later, the two of us found ourselves sitting on the couch; two copies of the daily prophet in our hands. The front page was all about us, and how nine months ago, the two of us had managed to escape one of the most secure prisons known to the wizarding world.

"We're bloody famous." I chuckled, looking over my paper, and seeing a precious smile overcome his face— his nose crinkling and his eyes sparkling in the dim light of the shack.

He was pretty.. if you could call a boy that. During these times, it was unlikely a man would partake in being called such a feminine word.. but it was true, Sirius Black is pretty..

Leaning forward, I let my hand fall to his cheek— while I straddled his lap. Usually, this position was sexual, something I didn't when I was needy for him.. but now, in this moment; it brought me back to when we were kids..

When I would playfully tackle him to the bed, then spill all my wonderful secrets to him;  when James walked in, looking at the situation the wrong way.. those times were good, everyone was here; everyone was together.

And now it was just us, the two of us; alone in this small shack.. for as long as we could stay hidden. I didn't mind the place, given I was fixing it up a bit everyday— to the point that now, it kind of looked like a decent home.

But,

I couldn't raise a kid here.

I couldn't raise a child, and tell them they aren't aloud to go up to the local market to play— or attend the wizarding school that resided only ten minutes away.

But

I would be raising a kid here.

I would be raising the child Sirius and I formed together. In this small broken house, with the local market just up the hill— and the wizarding school only minutes away..

This was life now, life as a fugitive.

"You alright darling?" He questioned from my lap, while placing his hand above my own on my cheek— the warmth from it sending shivers up my body.

I thought for a moment, wondering if I should confess my feelings about our whole situation.."Just.. thinking I guess." I mumbled, adjusting myself so that my head lay on his chest— taking in the rest of his bodies warmth.

He face shifted to a frown, "love, I've been your husband for more than a decade. I think I would know when you're upset, so tell me." He chuckled, kissing my forehead lightly— before lifting my head up to meet his gaze.

"I-" the words falling from my lips came to a stop, when the sound of hushed voices echoed from outside. Panic quickly took me over, my eyes wide— mirroring Sirius'

"Someones down there." I whispered, my body becoming numb— and my heart practically beating out of my chest. I was terrified, scared of what might happen next.

"Let's go check it out.." he mumbled, pulling the two of us off the old couch, and across the small living room— before we descended to creaky stairs. Attempting to stay as silent as possible. Transfiguring into our animagi forms on our way down; and through the passageway.