Illusion of a dream

Hands interlaced, fingers tangled together and arms brushing lightly, y/n and Bucky wandered leisurely down the streets of Brooklyn

Hands interlaced, fingers tangled together and arms brushing lightly, y/n and Bucky wandered leisurely down the streets of Brooklyn. Casting shadows of burnt orange swooped down from the apartment blocks which towered high above them, the thin smattering of clouds blotched across the sky and petered out to reveal the star-speckled night-sky.

A soft sigh filled the space between them, a content smile stretching y/n's lips as she felt Bucky squeeze her hand a little tighter. The sound of her kitten heels clicking on the pavement echoed beautifully, the sound bouncing behind them as if someone were following them.

A squeal, high and playful, slipped through y/n's lips as Bucky suddenly jerked her to the side, her body caving to follow his.

"Bucky!" Y/n gasped, grunting softly as her back settled against the scratchy bricks of the tall building, the darkened lighting of the small alleyway engulfing them as Bucky chuckled.

"What?" The soldier grinned, a mischievous sparkle to his eye as he pulled his bottom lip between his teeth. Y/n's face broke into a grin of her own, the smile stretching wide over her face as her eyes darted between Bucky's.

"Kiss me." She mumbled, hands resting flat on his chest, the dirty-green uniform soft beneath her touch. "Kiss me, soldier." Y/n whispered as he leaned further into her, his breath hot on her cheeks as his nose bumped against hers.

When their lips met it was awkward, clumsy even, with teeth clashing and giggles shared between mouths. Bucky finally pulled away, a hint of adoration could be found within the depths of his steep-blue eyes, a shadowy hue to add to the mesmerising merge of colour.

"I'm sorry - I don't really know what I'm doing." Y/n admitted sheepishly, cheeks growing hot as she looked away from him. Bucky's fingers found their way to y/n's chin, lifting her head up so she was looking into his eyes once again.

"You're doing perfect, doll." The soldier murmured, leaning forwards to connect their lips again.

This kiss was better, less messy. It was slow, languid, lips massaging lips and tongues slipping into each other's mouths. Y/n couldn't help herself from moaning into it, something that made Bucky's lips curls into something of a smirk as her hands grasped his uniform tighter.

"So much for not kissing me on our first date." Y/n mumbled as she pulled back this time, a little breathless as she let both Bucky and the wall behind her carry her weight. Bucky flashed a boyish grin, pearly-white teeth on display as his hands gave her hips a little squeeze.

"I couldn't help myself, doll."

...
"Do you have to go?" Bucky mumbled against Steve's neck, lips pressing to the column of his throat. Steve sighed heavily, hand rubbing soothingly against Bucky's shoulder as he leaned forwards and pressed a kiss into the brunet's hair.