Nightmares to daydreams

With careful steps, feet clunked heavily against the stained stone floor

With careful steps, feet clunked heavily against the stained stone floor. Steve and Bucky were being cautious, unsure as to if y/n would still be erratic. The two super soldiers entered the cell, the metal door closing with a definitive thud behind them.

"Hey sweetheart, how are you doing?" Steve cooed softly, almost as if he didn't want to startle her. Y/n rolled her eyes in a scoff, ignoring Steve as she folded her arms over her chest.

"Come on, y/n. Please don't make this hard. We just need some blood so that Banner can find a way to fix you." Bucky pleaded, syringe in hand as he took a step towards her.

"Fix me? I didn't know I was broken." Y/n huffed, refusing to meet either of their eyes as she spoke. Bucky instantly felt guilty for his words, his head ducking in shame.

"Y/n, that's it what I meant-"

"If you think I'm going to let you near me with another needle, you're sorely mistaken." Y/n stated, backing away slightly as Bucky moved forwards.

"We don't want to hurt you, we just...we want to help you." Bucky mumbled, hands out in front of him to show he meant no harm as he advanced towards his girlfriend.

"If you wanted to help me you wouldn't have agreed to have me locked up here in the first place." Y/n snarled, a tear staining her eyes as she fought back tears.

"Doll, that's hardly fair..." Steve murmured.

"I'm sorry, doll. I should've thought it through, we should've thought it through. We just wanted you to be safe." Bucky tried to reason, getting even closer now. Steve hadn't moved from where he stood by the door.

"Safe? This is your idea of safe?" Y/n whispered, eying the small concrete cell with a small bed. "I had a better cell than this when you thought I was a willing HYDRA agent." Bucky seemed to freeze, and so did Steve.

Y/n took her chance, catching both men by surprise as she darted for the door. Bucky made to grab her, but y/n slipped past him. Her hand was on the handle before Steve's thick arms were circling her waist, pulling the squirming girl further back into the room.

She kicked and screamed, thrashing in Steve's grasp as Bucky approached her apprehensively.

"I'm so, so sorry, Doll." Bucky sank the needle gently into her arm, extracting a syringe full of blood before withdrawing it. Y/n seemed to relax a little, calming in Steve's grip enough for him to deem safe to let her go.

"Sweetheart-" Steve began.

"Don't. You got what you want, now get out." Y/n gritted, slowly making her way to the little bed in the corner.

"Y/n, doll-"

"I said get out! I don't want to see you! Get out!" She shouted, the girl's rage shocking both super solders as they made to leave hastily.