Party Crashed

Everything was a blur

Everything was a blur. The blast shivers me backwards, along with Bucky, and I barely saw anyone else. I groaned heavily, struggling against a strangely familiar weight on top of me. That's when it clicked. I pushed my hair from my face, my eyes bugging out of my head when I realised Bucky was loading on top of me, unconscious.

It made sense, really. He took most of the blow and was stood in front of my at the time. But the thing that made be worry even more was the red. There was an overwhelming amount of red. I placed my hands against Bucky's chest, attempting to push him off my but my try was futile.

I could hear the fighting - gunshots, Tony's blasters, the clanging and blanking of Steve's shield. I cried out as I tried to get the brown-hair super soldier off me, but it was useless. There must've been something else on top of us, was my reasoning after another try.

I decided to try a different approach, and began shouting - no, screaming - for someone to help us.

"Please! Someone! We're up here still, something is crushing us!" I shouted, voice pitchy and crackling as it strained further than I'd pushed it so far. Tears gathered, leaking from eyes and rolling down the sides of my face and the head dropped back against the floor, the little thud causing my to wince.

Then something dawned on my. My heart rate sped up more than I'd care to admit, hands moving as frantically as I could to reach Bucky's neck, wrist, heart, anything-

A sigh pushed through my lips, my heart rate slowly back to a normal speed as my fingers pressed against the thumping pulse on the side of Bucky's neck. He was still alive. Wherever the blood was coming from, it hadn't killed him yet.

"Please! Someone help me!" I shouted again, trying to pry my leg from under my boyfriend so I could use it to gain enough momentum to flip us over; then maybe I could access the damage and help with the fight.

I struggled, pulling so hard I heard a pop, which in turn rested in a long and pained groan bubbling in the back of my throat. Whatever was weighing us down, my foot must be caught underneath it.

"We're up here still! Please, someone, please just help us!" I screamed, but from the wobble of my voice I could tell it was a sob, a desperate plea. "Pleas-" my call was muffled by warm flesh, squidgy and hot against my face and it didn't take me long to realise someone's palm was over my mouth.

My head tilted up in search, eyes darting frantically as I tried to find the source. When my eyes met his, they widened on instinct before a frown pulled at my brows, the sight of Sam crouch by head an odd one to see.

The man raised a finger to his lips, a gesture to be quiet before removing his hand as I nodded in understanding.

"I thought you left." I whisper shouted, and he smirked.

"I got about halfway down the block before I heard an odd amount of crashing. So I ran back to the tower and guess what I found." He smirked, somehow triumphantly.

"How did you get in?"

"Snuck up the back." He muttered, hands now occupied with something else as the clinking of rubble hinted to him brushing some fallen material off Bucky's back.

"Do the others know you're here?" I asked, wriggling beneath Bucky in an attempt to get free.

"No. Not yet." Sam replied, but his eyes were elsewhere as he begun to pry the fallen piece of debris from on top of Bucky's back. He groaned and grunted with the effort, but finally managed to lift it. We both flinched as it rolled off me and the super soldier with an offensive crash, but everyone seemed to preoccupied with the fight to care.

Sam quickly got Bucky off of me, but was gentle when he caught sight of the amount of blood soaking both our clothes.

"Whose blood is it?" He asked, and I quickly craned my neck to check. Same got Bucky laying on his back beside me, and began checking the brunet for wounds. I gasped loudly when I saw my right leg, as did Sam as he looked over at the noise. "Shit!" He hissed, stopping his fumbling to check me over.

I bit my lips to stop the pained cry as as moved to sit up, fingers running the length of the handle of the knife that was wedged into my thigh. Not to mention the litter of broken glass that had created smears of trickling blood down my right forearm. How I hadn't seen that before, I don't know.

I hissed in pain and Sam crouched beside me, raking my skirt up my thigh so he could get a better look of the would. I tugged feebly on the handle, clamping a palm over my mouth to stifle the cry as pain shot through me like a bullet.

"Don't take it out. It's stopping you from needing to death." Sam said as gently as he could, but talking about my implied death was never a very gentle topic.

"Is he hurt?" I mumbled, before biting down on my palm again as my eyes welled up. Sam shook his head, removing his thin jacket quickly and holding it to my bleeding leg.

"I don't think so. He doesn't have any blood wounds so unless he's fractured or dislocated something from the debris, I can't say he's injured." Sam dismissed, pressing down against the wound with the wad of fabric in his hand. I seethed through my teeth as he did so, leaning on one palm as I let the other cover my mouth again. "We need to get you to a doctor. Is Dr Cho in tonight?" Sam explained, and I nodded quickly.

"I think," I began, but gasped in pain before biting down on my lips as it died down again, "I think she was in the room. She's probably d-down there." I stuttered, my head nodding towards the other part of the room where the fight was currently happening.

"Okay." Sam nodded, grabbing my hand and placing it over the jacket on my leg before removing his own. He placed a com link in the other and activated his. "I'm gonna go get her. I think you could risk infection and she'll know what to do. Keep low, tell me if anything happens and tell me if Barnes wakes up." I nodded as Sam spoke, fumbling with one hand to get the link into my ear as I watch Sam dart to the stairs, pulling a gun from the waistband of his jeans before he had disappeared around a corner.

My head still darted around frantically, on the lookout in case something found us. I took a moment to curse myself - why did I have to be so prepared and get that knife out? Hissing through gritted teeth, I held back tears. Eyes widening, I ducked just in time, the blast smoothing over me as the robot hovered over us. But this one wasn't the same one that was making a speech. God, there's more than one?

As it stood to recharge, I carelessly seared for something to use as a shield or a weapon, and that's when I saw the gun tucked into the waistband of Bucky's jeans. Of course he'd be armed - he's a former assassin too. I leant forward, mustering the strength to ignore my throbbing leg before snatch the gun and taking it off safety.

I turned back to the robot, who was clearly about to blast us again before it was slung forward like a rag doll, the electronic sound of ripped wires and disabled systems accompanying that of it clashing against the broken wall.

I lowered my gun, letting out a long sigh of relief when I saw Thor standing there, mjolnir in hand.

"Cho!" Thor called, voice booming. I winced, the sounds of hurried steps filling my ears as heels and thick-souled shoes clicked against the stairs. "Dr Cho!"

"I'm here, what happ-" the doctor cut herself short at the sight of us, Bucky laying unconscious and covered in my blood whilst I sat against the fallen rubble, blade buried in my thigh and arm streaked with crimson blood. "Steve - get Bucky to the lab; Thor - I'm gonna need you to help with with y/n, but we've got to be real gentle."

I cried out as Thor scooped me up, earning himself a pointed glare from Steve.

"Careful." Steve snapped, picking up Bucky into his own arms with very little effort. Clint chuckled and Nat whistled, whilst Tony rolled his eyes.

"If he thought we didn't know before, we definitely know now." Clint smirked.