Needless to say, the members ended up nailing that showcase, every one of them landing their choreography perfectly. Even Namjoon, who admittedly struggled with the moves the most in rehearsals, managed to do so well that Hoseok turned to him after, grinning like a proud mom.
Sending the songs kind of became a tradition after that.

Their chat evolved from little messages here and there to just blocks of audio attachments, constant songs to express how a certain member was feeling that day or to say simple things. It continued for years, and if Namjoon was blunt, probably helped bond Bangtan into the group that they were today. It allowed the group a healthy outlet to express emotions where words couldn’t. One thing the boys could always share was their love of music. What better way to get across their feelings than with a song?

For example, conversations would go

TaeTae: [Audio Attachment - “Blossom Roses” by Her]
TaeTae: For Jimin. If you know you know.
Jimin-ssi: ???
Jimin-ssi: You good?
TaeTae: ye

Okay, maybe not the best example, but in Namjoon’s defense that was a standard interaction between the ‘95 line.

Namjoon eventually shifted his song suggestions to Yoongi and Hoseok to the main chat as well, welcoming all the members' inputs. He started with “U-rite” by They, and was immediately greeted with a slew of positive emojis from different members. He didn’t feel the need to follow up, so he smiled, pleased at himself for participating, before locking his phone. Typically, that was how Namjoon’s interactions would go.

Opposingly, a few days later, Jimin and Jungkook had gotten into what the group had deemed one of their lover’s spats:

Jimin-ssi: [Audio Attachment - “You Should Be Sad” by Halsey]
Jimin-ssi: Sleep on the couch

In between a slew of laughing emojis from other members, Jungkook cut in.

Kookoo: Hyung, you’re being so dramatic! I already said sorry for eating your leftovers!

The chat flowed as such for years, turning into a mix of equal parts of texts, emojis, and songs. If Namjoon was honest, he didn’t always listen to the music posted, but it brought him happiness to see his group bond in such a way.

But as time went on, and as Bangtan continued to grow and grow to the idol group they were today, the songs continued, but no longer in the group chat. Maybe things changed and they wanted to be more private with each other, maybe they realized how annoying it was to have your phone go off twenty plus times an hour.

Either way, Namjoon wasn’t complaining. His feelings for his group weren’t a secret by any means. He loved the boys as much as he loved his own family back home. Namjoon would gladly take a bullet for anyone of his bandmates, no complaints. But broadcasting those feelings to said bandmates with a song seemed a little hard to him. He envied the members, how easily they were able to tell each other with a perfectly matched song how they felt in front of everyone.

It took time for Namjoon to get used to using songs to communicate, and even after he did, he much preferred to send the tunes one on one. So when the rest of the group started migrating to private messages, Namjoon felt a lot better.

One person Namjoon could always count on for respecting his emotional shyness was Seokjin. Seokjin had picked up right away that Namjoon didn’t necessarily wear his heart on his sleeve. It was one of the few reasons Namjoon was so grateful for his hyung.