Chapter 20

Lance POV:

8 months later

"I can't believe it" "Me either" "Day 366 here on this planet, we have successfully gotten the ship fully running except for" "Communications'' Keith said rolling his eyes "But... It's okay because we can now fly low and do more recon" Keith smiled. "I love you" "Keep it in your pants Kogane we still have more to debrief on'' He glanced around the room. Our kitchen had been cleaned up and the cabinets were full with spices and all sorts of stuff we had collected. We did most of the meal prep out there but then cooked outside. The table was new but the chairs were the same "For sentimental value" Keith had argued. Outside of the dining room we had a light purple room and a couch like thing I had dragged in one day. Beside it was a table Keith had made with our many books. All of which were not in english but we had spent some time trying to translate them with small bits of english, altean, spanish and some other stuff. Our bedroom was the cleanest, no thanks to Keith, Blankets folded sketch books on the desk along with his pens and pencils. "It took us a year but this place actually looks like ours now" "yea" he was right we had made this shack into a home and a damn good one at that. "I have to do some serious garden work today. I'd assume you will be workin on comms?" "Yea, will you join me after you finish up?" "of course but can I ask why?" "No" "How blunt" "Trust me" "Are you gonna murder me?" "Lance.." He warned. "Oh my god you are you waited till the house was done then you will murder me" He stood up smiling "I'm not gonna kill you" "First you seduce me then you kill me, what a twist" He was fixing his jacket laughing quietly "What an elaborate plan i never would have guessed'' He leaned over and kissed my forehead "ya know what?" He walked over to the door "What?" He was halfway out the door when he glanced back with a smirk "It's not a bad plan Maybe I will kill you" He closed the door "Ya know what Keith..That was very attractive!!" I yelled after him. I could hear him laughing outside until it faded away.

Around the middle of the day I walked over to our ship. I had no idea what to expect from Keith. Sometimes I just can't read him. When I got inside I could not find him anywhere. "Keith? Babe?" "I'm here" I could hear him but had no idea where he was "You got to be more helpful than where is here?" "Up" I looked up "You just looked up at the ceiling didn't you" "Well what do you want me to do?!" "Go outside" I listened to him and looked up and there he was. Standing on top of our ship hair brushed, fancy clothes, some alien flowers in hand, and a smile so wide his eyes were closed. "Mi Amor?" I questioned, He tilted his head as a way to tell me to climb up with him. On the top of the ship was a blanket. "While we had breakfast I realized that if it has been a year and a day that makes today" "Our anniversary" "Yep" I was just staring at him now my mouth was probably open he just looked so.. "Is it too much? Sorry I didn't mean too-" "No no this is perfect, you are perfect" Keith Blushed and sat down facing away. I followed and did the same. "Ya know if we were back on earth I would totally be introducing you to my family." He turned to me and his face still lit up "Really?" "Absolutely, they would love you" he scoffed "What makes you think that?" "Well I adore you and they love me so how could they not?" Then I felt my heart drop. I wished we were normal, I wished I could bring my boyfriend home to see my family. I missed them so much. He must have noticed how quiet I got. "You will see them again Lance" The tears started to fall, He kissed my cheek and wiped them away. "I know it's hard being away from the people you love," He leaned his head on my shoulder. He glanced up at me, seeing the sadness still on my face, so he kept talking, trying to cheer me up. "One of my favorite things about this place is that it's not always stars. Sometimes we get to just look at the sky and It's bright outside." "Some clouds would make this view even better" He silently nodded. "Rain actually I would love to see rain again" Keith chuckled "What was that for?" "Nothing, I just remember your reaction the first time we saw rain here.. And I just... I hope we can see it again someday." I kissed his head. The homesickness was gone now it was just us "Me too" He snuggled up to me a bit more "By the way I now owe you a super romantic anniversary date, next year we plan it together and if we are still here I will plan the most memorable anniversary ever" "you can try but you can't top this" "Is that a challenge?" "It is now" "I love you but I'm totally gonna win" "In your dreams sharpshooter"