40.

Cause with you I'm
Superhuman.
Hope it's not a grand delusion.

~ Superhuman by Slander~

POV SWITCH HALFWAY THROUGH!!! (smut warning)

STERLING'S POV:

    There's five of us crammed into the bathroom right now. Jalyn, Andrea, Hallie, and I went to get dresses the week I got accepted to Yale. The only reason Claire didn't go was because she had already gotten her dress. Claire was nominated for prom queen, that's why. Her and Jake, and my bet is that they'll win. But now we're all in my bathroom getting ready. Prom wasn't on my book of plans for this year. I actually planned to skip it because I've never really seen the appeal, but Harry does. He cares more about memories, photos, things like that. I see why too. He wants to be able to tell people about it later on.

    "Hold still!" Andrea pulls my head back the way she had it as I sit on the edge of the tub, and she stands above me. She starts pulling on my hair, and I let her, knowing it's normally a tamed but unruly mess all at once as it flows down my back. Tonight it won't be the same though, tonight it'll be partially up, braided in some pretty way I assume from the extensive amount of pulling she's doing. I have my makeup done already. I did parts of it, and Hallie did others. She's definitely better with a brush than I am so I didn't mind.

    "I'm nervous." Claire tells us in the deepest sigh she can muster. She slumps, leaning on the counter instead of looking in the mirror. "It's so trivial and stupid, and I know winning wont mean anything to me in two years, but I really want to win you know?" She asks, and I smile, turning my head.

    "It isn't stupid. I think you have the best chance at winning in my opinion. Everyone loves you." I tell her, and she shakes her head.

    "I just feel like there's a good chance I won't." She shrugs.

    "Well just think about it.. Win or lose you're still going to be a queen in his eyes, and we're still going to make this the best night we've ever had right?" Andrea asks, and Jalyn chuckles, shrugging her shoulder.

    "It's the end of senior year, and I never had a serious fling. I just wanna get wasted." She leans back over the counter, smudging her eyeliner, and we all laugh, knowing she's been talking about the party after prom more than the prom itself. We're going to Jake's house after the dance.

My dad thinks we will be at Jalyn's but he trusts me enough not to ask her parents, and I'm thankful for that. I just like the thought of spending the night with Harry. Just being alone with him, and knowing that this is what life will be like next year.. At least at some points. Neither of us will have our own place from what I can tell but then again I haven't really talked to my dad or his mom about what will happen.

    "I think Carson and I might be ready to... Yah know." Hallie wiggles her eyebrows at us as she holds the eyebrow pencil within her hands, and for some reason I feel my cheeks growing red, and I know she's not said anything to me, but none of the girls know anything about my intimate relationship with Harry. Mostly because I don't want them to. It's okay to know some details, but they haven't asked, and I haven't brought it up.

    "Have you not yet?" Jalyn asks, and Andrea smacks her arm at the tone.

    "Not everyone has slept with someone." She jokes, and I smile.

    "Okay but either way, I think it's sweet. It's the teenage right of passage isn't it? Losing your virginity on prom night? Not that virginity really matters in the long run." I ask them as I shrug, and Hallie shakes her head.