Trivia and Other Info

Trivia and Other Info Section

CHARACTER BIRTHDAYS:

Full Name: Chris Alvin Alvarez

Nickname: Alvin

Birthday:    June 5, 1983

Full Name: Julie Ann Vergara

Nickname: Julie

Birthday:    June 16, 1991

Full Name: Katrina Mae Gonzales

Nickname: Kate

Birthday:    January 4, 1984

Full Name: Cindy Angeline Alonzo

Nickname: Cindy

Birthday:    June 5, 1983

Full Name: Enzo Luis Gutierrez

Nickname: Enzo

Birthday:    July 12, 1991

Full Name: Lia Marie Santos

Nickname: Lia

Birthday:    October 17, 1991

Full Name: Joshua Antonio Ignacio

Nickname: Josh

Birthday:    August 18, 1992

Full Name: Bill Harry Lazaro

Nickname: Billy

Birthday:    May 23, 1983

Full Name: Ethan Luigi Gutierrez

Nickname: Ethan

Birthday:    April 21, 1985

Originally-planned plots/scenes that were still seen and included:

Eto yung mga pinaka-una kong naisip na mga mangyayari throughout the course of the story. These are the planned moments and twists na nasunod naman.

-          Alvin to the rescue at Julie’s prom

This is one of the first scenes na una kong naisip. Eksaktong-eksakto. Nasunod din pati yung pag-akyat ni Alvin ng escalator na may dalang flowers to surprise Julie.

-          Julie’s Sweet Sixteen birthday

This scene was somehow modified. The original plan was Julie throwing off a debut-style party. Eventually, naging simple party na lang inside a pizza place, pero mas intimate ang dating.

-          Billy admitting that he’s gay

Kung mapapansin niyo sa first chapter, Billy was introduced as a metrosexual, and a womanizing buddy of Alvin. I just thought of him having a secret kind of personality would add spice to the story.

-          The entrance of Cindy, the first love of Alvin

Initially named as Caroline Hizon, she was originally planned to shake things up in the other half of the story. Isa siya sa mga key characters who is opt to replace Kate, as the latter goes abroad after the twelfth chapter.

-          Alvin and Julie getting separated before the latter’s 17th birthday

The originally-planned climax which served as one of the main conflicts in the story.

-          The “after 7 years” time jump

To make the story more dramatic, I planned this to happen in the last parts of the story. I also want the characters to develop before the ending, kaya naman naisip ko na magandang plot ito to spice things up. 

-          Julie and Lia’s retreat fight

Nasunod din naman ang plot na nag-away sila because of Josh. Actually, in the original plan, dapat magkakaroon ng Julie-Josh-Lia love triangle sa later part ng story, but it was changed obviously.

-          The Alvin-Kate story arc

This was obviously the first conflict of the story. Kate’s character was originally developed so that Alvin can easily earn the sympathy of the readers. Kate became one of the most hated characters in the series, based on comments.

Unplanned and accidental plots/scenes that were seen and included:

Eto yung mga bigla kong naisip, or mga scenes na na-conceptualize habang nagru-run na ang series.

-          The Enzo-Lia loveteam

One of the most awaited parts in the story is their loveteam, na nagtatanggal din ng umay kapag masyado nang nagiging sweet sina Alvin at Julie. Enzo was originally planned to be part of the story in the earlier chapters only. Dapat, he would already be out by Chapter 12, pero bigla kong naisip na pagsamahin sila ni Lia thru a “tutor-student” storyline, na eventually nag-evolve into one of the major subplots in the story.

-          Ethan’s addition to the story

Creating the “tutor-student” storyline as a new subplot raised the need for a new character na makakasama nina Enzo at Lia sa mansion. He was then planned to be the third party for Enzo and Lia, but I thought it would be better for him to be the surprise closet friend of Billy.

-          Alvin serenading Julie while riding on a boat

I thought of this to make use of the river na nasa tabi ng swing na pinaglalaruan nina Alvin at Julie. Sayang naman ang sceneries. Saka I also want to show how eager he is sa panliligaw kay Julie.

-          Alvin being accused of possessing illegal drugs 

I thought of this scene to add drama to towards the end of the first half ng story.

-          Alvin’s thesis defense scene

This scene was made to show Alvin’s life as a masteral student in Ateneo. Para naman hindi puro high school scenes ang nakikita.

-          Alvin and Julie crying in the rain

This scene was made to show how Alvin and Julie slowly appreciate the importance of their friendship, which will eventually turn into love.

-          The addition of minor characters Matthew, Ginger, Jenny, Nikki and Anthony

Lately ko lang din sila naisip idagdag sa story, to support the time-jump plot.