(Chapter 24) - Series Finale

SERIES THEME SONG: My Girl, My Woman, My Friend (by Christian Bautista and Regine Velasquez)

*YouTube video is on the right side of the screen. 

Previously on My Girl, My Friend

Alvin and Julie are neighbors in a village. They’re best friends for six years. The 24-year old guy acts as a big brother to his 16-year old best friend. Alvin has a girlfriend named Kate, whom he loved dearly. Julie, on the other hand, has a persistent suitor named Enzo.

After being dumped by Kate (who cheated with her thesis professor), and after being stood up by Enzo in a prom date (with Alvin to the rescue), Alvin and Julie slowly realize the importance of their deep friendship.

Kate finally patches things up with Alvin, as she waved goodbye and went abroad. Enzo, on the other hand, sets his interests on Lia, who was Julie’s buddy in school.

After weeks of heartbreaks and denials, Alvin and Julie finally went steady after the latter’s high school graduation. They were so in love in their most memorable summer break. Alvin even promised not to kiss Julie on the lips until she turns 18.

But, things shake up with the return of Cindy, who was Alvin’s first love and childhood sweetheart. Unlike Kate, Cindy was kind and sweet. She even acknowledged Julie as the new girlfriend of her ex. But that did not prevent Julie from becoming insecured with her looks.

Soon, Alvin became too busy helping Cindy with her fiancé (who stood her up), while Julie became closer to her friend and schoolmate named Josh, whom she treats as her little brother.

Things got worse on Alvin’s 25th birthday, with Billy, his best buddy at school, confessing that he’s gay and that he likes him secretly. Another shocking revelation was made. Alvin’s dad admitted that he was the one who accidentally killed Julie’s dad through a hit-and-run incident years ago. The series of events led to Alvin and Julie’s separation. Alvin’s family transferred to Batangas.

Seven years later, there were major changes. Julie is seen as a lovely 24-year old woman who writes inspirational books for a living. Her present boyfriend is Josh, who is now a well-known sportscaster. Alvin is now a restaurant owner. They finally met after a long time, and talked things out. Alvin still has Cindy as a close friend, but not as a girlfriend. He explained that he waited for Julie. After a hearty lunch, Alvin and Julie renewed their status as “best friends” because they found it impossible to bring back their past relationship. But, Alvin was still secretly hoping for a romantic one.

Josh made a marriage proposal to Julie. She accepted the proposal. Before her wedding day, Alvin, believing that Julie still loves him, sent her a letter saying that he’ll be waiting for her in a nearby chapel, for them to be married, on the same date of her supposed wedding with Josh. 

Now, we were left in the last scene as Julie chooses between two roads that lead to two chapels – the “left road” leading to Alvin’s mini-wedding, and the “right road” leading to her planned wedding with Josh.