the crash

Oralie walked up to her room, and sat on her soft, pink bed. Dress shopping. She had to think about dress shopping. All the wonderfully beautiful dresses she could try on! The dress she would wear to the party. Nothing was wrong. She would go dress shopping with her mother and everything will be alright. Oralie took out her prissy pink journal and opened to the first page.
"I've been waiting awhile to use this. Today seems like a good day to start." She whispered to herself. She started writing.

I manifested! There's going to be a huge party, and mother is going to go dress shopping with me! But... today I felt dread. When talking to mother and father. It was strange.

Oralie closed the notebook, not knowing anything else to write. A loud noice came from downstairs. It sounded a bit like a pot falling. The kitchen maybe? But her mother wasn't cooking anything was she? A scream. A loud shrill scream which could only belong to one person. Her mother. Oralie didn't dare go downstairs. But then she reminded herself. There's nothing to be afraid of. It's not like a murderer had come. She had never even heard of a murder. She was safe. Her mother probably dropped the pan and burnt herself. Yes, she did just that. Oralie had nothing to worry about. She grabbed her pillow and fell into the soft abyss of her bed. There was nothing to be afraid of. Her mother had always told her she had an overactive imagination. But then she heard it again. Another loud noise. Although this time it sounded more of something softer hitting the ground. But she didn't know how something soft could make a noise when dropped. Maybe a heavy pillow? The foyer had lots of pillows, and they were quite heavy. This time curiosity took the best of her. She uncovered the blankets and released her hold from the pillow.

"Mother?" She called.

"Father?"
She got nothing in response. She walked down the stairs, each step as soft as the last. She made it to the bottom.

"Mother? Father?" She repeated. Still nothing. She walked down into the sitting room where her parents had been before. Oralie's eyes started to water. They were dead. Blood stained their clothes and their eyes were lifeless and glossy. She ran to sit next to them. An odd feeling crept up her arm. But there had been nothing there. She felt a whisper shoot up her spine.

"Let me in," It said, "I can help you."

"You can?" She whimpered.

"Yes. Just relax." The voice said. Oralie was too overwhelmed to think anything of it. She let herself relax and cry into her lifeless parent's shoulders. She didn't feel anything. Except a small change in room temperature. She let herself cry for hours, until her throat was hoarse and dry, until she remembered she had to tell someone. Her foxfire mentor. Lady Amlistra. She would understand. She would come right over. She would help her.

"Show me Lady Amlistra." She sniffled.

"Oralie?" She screen lit up with her voice.

"My parents..." she started, before the tears made her vision blurry. She held her imparter towards their bodies and Lady Amlistra's face turned from worry to fear.

"I'm coming over Oralie." She said. Oralie cried. More then she had ever cried before. Now all she had to do was wait. Wait for someone to come help her.