Meeting the Cast - Chapter 25

Start from the beginning

"H-Hey!" I protested.

She just laughed. "I'm just kidding! You're cute when you're embarrassed." she hummed to herself as she took a bite out of her own sandwich.

I glared at her, though it wasn't intimidating because I was blushing. How could I get her back?? I noticed that she got some sauce on her lips as well. I smirked to myself as I got a really good idea.

"Oh hey, you got something there." I kissed her on the lips and got rid of the sauce in the process. I gave an accomplished smile. Judging by her lack of words, I assumed I was successful in embarrassing her back.

I looked at her and her face was completely red as she stared back at me. I had begun to realize how actually embarrassing my action was. Now I was red.

"A-Ah! Kaede, I'm sorry! I-I just wanted to g-"

She cut me off. "No! I was just.. Um.. Really surprised that you did something like that.." she said timidly. "I.. I kinda liked it."

"..You did?"

She giggled awkwardly. "How could I not like it when my boyfriend kisses me?"

"Good point.." I smile at her. "I suppose we're even now."

She pouted. "I guess so.. Guess I have to get you back later again then!"

"Hey, I said we're even!"

"That's exactly why I have to!" she put her fists up in determination.

I just stared at her with fear, she had a mischievous smile on her face.

What is she gonna do to me?

As school passed, we prepared to leave as we chatted with Momota and Harukawa. After school, we would get our stuff before heading out to the getaway. Momota gave us a jealous look. "Tell me everything that happens there! I don't wanna miss anything cool like a huge explosion or something!"

Harukawa rolled her eyes. "I don't think you'll miss anything that important, Kaito, don't worry."

"There are endless possibilities!"

I just laughed at their antics. "Yea, I'll tell you if something happens."

"Thanks sidekick!" he gave a thumbs up.

As Kaede and I exited the building, we decided to go to my house first. Kaede had already packed everything including entertainment while I had only packed a shirt. She insisted to help pack clothes.

We walked in my house as I yelled out to my uncle. "Uncle, Kaede is here!"

"Okay! Hey, Akamatsu! You treating my boy well?!" he says with a laugh.

"Yes!" For the times Akamatsu has come to my house, she and my uncle had gotten along surprisingly well. Even Fuyuka loved her, she really was a likable person.

"Great! Please marry him!" he says with a thumbs up.

"U-Uncle!" I yell out to him for saying something so brash.

She just gives a thumbs up back. "Of course!" he laughed at her enthusiasm as he continued what he was doing.

Fuyuka came rushing to greet her.

"Ms. Akamatsu! Great to see you!" she smiled at her (completely shocking, she only smiled on complete rare occasions.)

"Thank you! I'm just helping Shuichi pack clothes for our trip." she smiled back.

"Oh, Shuichi.. You haven't packed yet? You're making your girlfriend help you with chores you should've already done?" she glared at me, setting chills down my spine.