Journey to my Girlfriend city

We both are sitting on the bench, looking at each other, holding our tears at the edge of our eyes. I know, I'm gonna burst out in tears but, I don't want to do that in front of her. Two beautiful days with each other, we stayed together. Even though she left her home in the evenings, the care she has shown wrapped around me and let me sleep thinking of her lap. We had an announcement about the train. She was startled by hearing that.

"Is that for your train?" she asked with a dull puppy face.

"No Jaanu, We still have 10 minutes more," I said.

"Why are you reminding me? Why did you say 10 minutes more?" she shouted with a pain in her voice and looked around "I want to smash all the clocks here, I want to stop the time here. Please Jaanu don't go."

She melted my heart by the way she asked. Even I too wanted to stay, but that won't be possible. None of my parents, relatives, cousins knew that I'm here in LUCKNOW, few of my friends are exceptional. I should go back to Hyderabad before anyone finds this out.

"Jaanu, Don't worry I will come again. And then I will stay here, like one week or more." I said.

She nodded her head saying yes. Again we heard an announcement, now it's about my train. The coach allotments are being displayed on the platform. My coach is allotted at the end of the station. I took all my luggage. She followed me. After a few steps, she asked one of my baggage to carry.

"Just hold my hand, that's enough for me," I said and held her hand.

We walked to the place where my coach is allotted. She bought Kesar badam milk. After some time, I noticed the train coming towards us. She was sad. Her face turned blue. The train came to the platform.

"Jaanu, No, Please, this isn't your train. Please come back. Let's Go back." She said with a crying tone. "Please, this is not your train, let's Go!"

"Jaanu, I promised you right, I will come back again. Very soon. Don't worry," saying this I boarded the train. For a moment, I felt empty, why am I doing this, why am I leaving her alone, seriously I want to stay back but, the possibility is none. I turned back and looked at her. I'm gonna miss her, gonna miss her face, gonna miss her smile, gonna miss her scent, gonna miss her thick hair, gonna miss her heartbeat, gonna miss her warm breath, what not I'm Gonna miss everything of her and everything of mine.

I again jumped out of the coach and went to her. I hugged her. I wanted to give her something but I don't have anything at that moment. Suddenly, I noticed the jacket I wore. With no time I took out my Jacket and wrapped it around her.

"What are you doing jaanu, Why are you wrapping this around me?" she said but I stopped her saying "Keep this with you as my memory. Love you Jaanu."

At that second her face glowed with a kind of happiness. I kissed her on the forehead and gave her a final hug. I asked her to go because she has to walk on the platform alone. So she left walking by looking back again and again.

I came to my seat and sat thinking about her and her memories. The train started to move. I wanted to see her one last time. I prayed to God to give me one more last chance. I got a call from her. She asked me to come to the door. I think she too felt the same, one last time. I rushed to the door, she was still standing at the main entrance of the station. Holding my Jacket near to her heart. She started waving at me. I too waved back, and threw a kiss at her. I waited there until she vanished from my sight. I felt so heavy, a lot of pain inside. From the moment I came back from the door, her thoughts completely occupied my mind. After getting back to my seat, the city started to wave at me through the window. I felt like everything is waving at me, saying Why are you leaving so soon? How can you go? Every house, every street, every road, every minute thing is notifying me that distance is getting increased again. Every stone turned like a milestone. I closed my eyes, taking a long breath, controlling the pain at the edges of my lips, I swam back to the story where it started.