Letter #4

Dear Tubbo,

  Been a few years. I guess I got a bit busy and never had the time. I left that shitty job. I think I told you about that in my last letter. I stayed there till I got enough money to pay some shit off and move. A few friends of mine and Will's from high school invited me to some new start-up SMP. I accepted, having nowhere better to be. And oh kiddo, was it the right move.

  Business runs pretty damn good when you're joining a new SMP. I started the best-damned coffee shop in town. Then I had an underground business (old habits die hard I guess). I stayed clean, so don't get the wrong idea. The real money maker wasn't the coffee shop or the other. It was my micro currency. Schlatt Coin. It made me so much fucking money, kid. The money I wish I could've had back then.

  You could say I was just as much as a hustler back them as I am now. I found all sorts of fucking ways to make money. One of which I'm not the proudest of. I would sell the shit that was in our apartment. I mean like from furniture to doorknobs.

  One week I was way behind on bills so I had to sell your crib. I told you I was gonna be getting you a big boy bed as soon as I could. You slept in a fucking box till I gave you to Phil. The most pitiful part was that I didn't even use the money to pay off the bills. I pocketed the money and used it for beer for the next couple of weeks.

  "It's okay nubs. Papa is gonna get you a big boy bed. Ok?" I tried to calm the crying child with a hug. He wiped his eyes with the oversized jumper and nodded.

  "Is Papa going to get a big bed too?" He referred to my bed I sold the week before. The landlord was gonna kick us out if I didn't get at least a portion of the money to him. Fucking asshole. Must be fun.

  "Nah, the hardwood is just fine with me Kid," I assured the small child. It was a lie, my back has been shit for the past couple of days. Nothing a cold one couldn't fix. I could just pick up another pack once I get the cash from selling the crib.

  "Where am is Tubbo gonna sleep?" he spoke in the third person.

  "You could sleep on the floor with me or- here-" I went over to the large cardboard box in the corner of the room. I pulled out the few toys that occupied the box and dragged it into the middle of the room. I grabbed the pillow and blanket from his crib and laid them in the box. "Whatcha' think?".

  His face lit up and giggled, "Tubbo's box".

  I smiled at his attitude and picked him up, "That's right Nubs. Tubbo's Box,".

  Hope you're doing well,

     -Pa

P.S. I caught up with Will. Turns out he came over to the same SMP as me. We made up. He said you were happy. I'm glad. 

A/N 

Sorry for not updating in a while guys. Been busy with school. I've got the rest of this book planned out though. Eight more letters :)