Adeline stepped outside the house and headed for her car.

"Adeline— is it?" Katherine called after her, she had followed her outside.

"It is." She answered reluctantly.

"How's Klaus?" she asked.

"How would I know?" Adeline scoffed.

"I just found it a little odd how he wanted you— to go with him and Stefan." She looked Adeline up and down, crossing her arms. "Any ideas on why that was?"

"Nope— not a clue." Addie kept it short, walking away and leaving Katherine staring at her back.

Katherine was suspicious and maybe even a little jealous of the blonde girl. She was close with Stefan, the one she loved and Klaus the guy who wanted no women— who cared for no one seemed to have some sort of interest in Adeline. Katherine liked being the center of attention, she was used to being the one the guys couldn't get enough of, but she was slowly seeing she might have met her match. Adeline Andrew's was competition.

****

Adeline was ready to crash down on her bed and sleep until the sun came up. She needed the rest— she wanted the rest. The last few days had been full of plotting and scheming with her friends, it was emotionally exhausting.

She closed the door in her room and let out a deep sigh. She was finally alone— she liked it that way. She wanted the silence, she wanted to think.

"Something bothering you love?" Klaus interrupted, standing in the back corner of her room.

Addy jumped with fright at the intrusion of the original. "What are you stalking me now?"

"Don't flatter yourself." He smirked.

"Get out of my room." She ordered. "I'm not in the mood for your games."

"What happened? Only a few days ago you admitted to having a nice time with me." He teased.

"What happened?" She laughed with anger. "What happened is you used me— got me out of town and tried to kill my friends"

Klaus shook his head and Adeline crossed her arms— staring him down with anger.

"That is not what happened." He scoffed. "Let me —"

"Stop." She interrrupted. "My dad is downstairs, we are not doing this here. Just leave Klaus."

"Fine— we will do it outside then." He smirked, and sped across the room wrapping his arm around Adelines waist before moving back towards her window that was already jarred open from his entrance. Holding the girl in his arms, he leaped out of the window and placed her safely on the ground.

"Does this work better for you?" He questioned, with a condescending tone.

"Are you kidding me right now?" She spat. "You just jumped out of a window with me? I could have died— I'm human Klaus."

"I know what you are— if you think I would have let you die, you are mistaken." He huffed.

"What do you want Klaus!?" She shouted in frustration. "I don't want to be apart of whatever game your playing."

Klaus had been around a long time— he could tell the girl was genuinely upset with him, hurt even. His intention wasn't to take her out of town as a distraction so he could attack her friends— well maybe it was. But really, he didn't want her there incase something went wrong. He didn't want her hurt— he felt the need to... protect her.

"I'm not playing a game." He answered.

"Really? So taking me on the helicopter, distracting me then almost killing two of my friends was what?" She yelled.