𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊: 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝘆 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗧𝗼𝗼 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗴

Start from the beginning

I shift against the decrepit sofa, dreaming up some kind of marvellous reunion between myself and Elijah. It had been so long since I had seen my old friend, my dearest friend, a confidant and a partner in crime. A brother. When I felt that both of my own had abandoned me, when one of them did abandon me. He would read classics of the past, teach me how to fence - a skill I didn't use often, he taught me about literature, mathematics, combat and negotiation. He lectured me to order armies, sight peace or inflict violence. Elijah taught me how to live in the shadows whilst I only danced in the light. He was the confidant I had always needed, something I couldn't find in my own brothers who had vanished from my life entirely. Maybe it would begin with a handshake, progress into a hug and then he would decapitate our abductors letting us go free. Or maybe he would be so afflicted to see me he would turn on us, taking Elena whilst deserting me to die with the vampires. I hadn't seen Elijah in ninety-one years, a lot can change in several decades.

Elena soon came trotting in, a discouraged look on her face as she sat leaned against me, sighing in defeat as I wound an arm around my brunette friend's shoulder. Something crunches beneath her foot, provoking our attention. She pulls out a crumpled piece of lined A4, with black marker scribbled across the front out from her foot.

'Stefan and Damon are coming for you.
- B'

The letter makes the both of us grin as Elena closes the letter, folding it as I offer my jacket pocket, keeping the note as a marker of Bonnie's success for such a big spell on her own. I was overwhelmingly proud of the young witch at this very moment, like a parent watching their child ride a bike without stabilizers. She no longer needed to channel me, surpassing my expectations after only a few months. She was something special. It wasn't long before the female vampire, who Elena confirmed to be called Rose, entered into the room as both Elena and I huddled for warmth in the frigid house, goosebumps raised on her olive skin as my wolf interior kept me moderately warm. Trevor then rushes in, alerting Rose to Elijah's arrival. I was undoubtedly timid, the doppelgänger could sense the rigidity of my body as I was forced into position like a statue, overthinking every small detail of my old friend's appearance. I had only hoped that he would spare us, killing the vampires to safely return us home. Trevor was nervously irate as Rose calmed him, the loud echoing of knocks on the front door sent Rose venturing off whilst Trevor was alone in the room with us. After a short while, two sets of footsteps saunter through the house. The lighter ones I assumed to be Rose as the heavier clicks of expensive polished shoes, I knew for a fact, were Elijah. As I hear this, I stand, confusing both Elena and Trevor as I walk towards the staircase, unafraid of positioning myself slightly behind Trevor.

He's bursting with confidence, I suppose that will never change, his hair is the same darkened burnt umber, the style, however, was vastly different from the past. His signature steamed suit, his entire appearance pieced to perfection with every move as elegant as the last, consistently nonpareil in structure as his very tone of walk suggested authority, commanded respect but oozed unpredictability. He was no loose cannon by any means, but Elijah's true nature was always hidden under a shroud of mystery, a facade. The two of us stare at one another, minimized surprise passing over his features as we catch one another's eyes, just before his gaze transfixed onto Elena then back to me. He uses his archaic, arcane abilities to appear before us, outstretching his arm in what one would assume to be a usual handshake, however, this act was anything but usual for Elijah. His arm weaves to the inside of mine, sitting right before my elbow as mine touches directly onto the outside of his, a firm grip uniting the two of us.
  "Elijah." I breathe, making it surely clear I was beatific by his appearance, exuberating a slender smile.
  "Marielle." he returns, retracting his hand before shifting his way in front of Elena. As he inspects her, a mortified look transpires across both Rose and Trevor's faces, by this display of affection between Elijah and I. They now knew we were more than just acquaintances.
  "Human. It's impossible," he states, simply greeting Elena as she trembled under his gaze. She was rightfully afraid. Elijah was a dangerous man, although he was noble, by her, he was not to be trusted.
  "We have a long journey ahead. The three of us should get going." Elijah announces, now certain of his plan to take both me and Elena, but to where was unknown. Would he take us to safety? Or to peril? It usually all depended on his mood, as it did with all ancient vampires.
  "Please, don't let him take us. Marielle, please." the doppelgänger pleads, nevertheless, it was no use. Neither Rose nor Trevor would sacrifice their lives for another doppelgänger, certainly not after the jeopardy that fell onto them the last time when they aided Katerina.
  "One last piece of business. Then we're done." Elijah assured, looking towards me to shift my position away from the vampire, the one he was about to kill.