Finnick vs Brutus

Finnick is harvesting berries and hunting while Brutus is hunting for Finnick. Finnick has a 7 foot trident as a weapon while Brutus has a 6 foot long spear. Finnick knows that eventually the gamemakers are gonna make them fight somewhere, probably the cornucopia. Either way Finnick and Brutus know that their fight is inevitable, and so is a death. While Finnick is harvesting berries, suddenly mist comes. Finnick knew the mist would come eventually but didn't know so soon.

Finnick sees the mist then gets up and starts running. His pace goes much faster than the mist which he anticipated. His running is nice and steady but while running he trips on something and gets thrown on the ground, with the mist getting closer by the second. Instead of getting up which he had no time for, he started rolling in the mud to get to the cornucopia. The mist was closing in on him, he then rolled off a steep area of land which was where the middle of the arena was. He watches as the mist runs slowly up an invisible wall. Then the monkeys come.

Finnick, knowing that he's no match for a huge group of monkeys, runs away. He swims to the small island known as the cornucopia. Brutus is there waiting for him, knowing he'd come. As soon as Finnick climbs on top of the cornucopia, Brutus charges at him while Finnick is tired and breathing heavily. Finnick quickly reaches for his trident and blocks the attack, then spins around Brutus to attempt a stab at his stomach. Brutus easily blocks the hit and chuckles.

Finnick and Brutus both have their strengths. Brutus mains in fighting and strength while Finnick mains agility and swimming, also being an excellent fighter. Brutus grabs the long handle part of Finnick's trident and stabs at his chest. Finnick jumps back and almost trips off the cornucopia. Finnick ducks under Brutus's spear and runs to the middle of the cornucopia, also giving him more land to move. Brutus turns backwards to face Finnick and charges.

Finnick swings his trident with all his force and knocks Brutus's spear out of his hands and into the water. Brutus now covered in rage grabs Finnicks spear and launches it into the water. Finnick and Brutus start going hand to hand combat. Finnick attempts to punch Brutus's face but he ducks and punches Finnick in the stomach.

Finnick put his hands on his stomach which was a mistake because then Brutus punched him in the face. Finnick now also mad kneed Brutus in the stomach and then pushed him with his foot. Brutus got up from the floor and dived into the water for his spear. Finnick, now realizing what he was doing, also dived into the water for his trident. In the water Finnick saw Brutus.

Finnick reaches for his trident putting his hand on the grip, while Brutus grabs his spear's grip also. Finnick quickly figures out that one of his strong suits is that he can swim way better than Brutus. Brutus also realizes that and quickly climbs back on top of the cornucopia. Finnick also climbs back on top, but this time trying something different. Finnick dives in the sea knowing that Brutus won't follow. He goes on land and waits there for Brutus, but Brutus knows that Finnick will have the advantage if he tries swimming there, so he decides to wait until tomorrow for a surprise attack.

Finnick knows that Brutus is going to surprise attack tomorrow so he uses his brain to think. Finnick finds a strategy and waits for tomorrow to execute it. Brutus and Finnick don't sleep, because they're afraid of one another. Finnick stays in his area to harvest food and hunt. After he gets what he needs he goes to the 4 o'clock zone where he meets Brutus.

They stare at each other intensely with hatred in both eyes. Then Finnick strikes, and Brutus blocks, then Brutus hits but Finnick spins around and stabs Brutus's arm. Brutus now in pain, Finnick takes the chance and knees him in the stomach. Brutus rolls on the ground, but that's when the mist comes. Finnick is running wildly away from the mist but Brutus is on the ground being swallowed by it.

Brutus has one more scream before the canon goes off. A huge ship comes up to pick up Finnick and bring him to the capitol, to celebrate. Before Finnick goes, he goes over to Brutus and spits on his dead body. Finnick has won the battle of the 75th hunger games.