The Storm (Part 1)

I know it's been a while. Sorry, this took so long. Hope y'all enjoy it!

Also, still freaking out over Corpse giving Sykkuno his hoodie 

***

There.

I look down at the floor of my apartment, finally clean of dirty clothes and trash. My insomnia bested me last night, and after scrolling on social media and cleaning instead of sleeping, my apartment is no longer a complete mess. After I cleaned the light trash and put away clothes on the floor of my room, I had the last few boxes to unpack in the kitchen. My phone buzzes.

Elevator Girl: Let me know if you change your mind

Yesterday, after Sykkuno left me and G, she looked up into my eyes. They were dark and filled with lust. She smirked and took my hand, dragging me into the elevator. I could've sworn she was about to pin me up against the walls of the elevator as they closed with a heavy thud.

"I had a really fun time the other night." She walked closer to me, placing her small hands on my arms. "Wanna go again?" she asked, biting her lip and looking me up and down. The guilt I feel from leaving her alone that night, and even sleeping with her in the first place, is haunting me. She is beautiful, and I was lonely, and I used her. Used her to help me stop hurting for a moment. But even if she enjoyed it, that doesn't mean what I did wasn't wrong.

I sigh out with a heavy breath. "No, Gracelyn."

"Wait," she said, backing away from me. "Why not?" She placed her hands on her hips. "I'm sorry, you don't have to do anything. But, did I do something wrong?"

"It was wrong of me to use you. You're a person, not an object. And I'm sorry."

She stood in silence for a second. The elevator dinged and began to open, but G pressed the close door button. "You didn't use me. I wanted it too. And to be honest, I was hoping this might go farther than just friends with benefits." She tucked a long strand of wavy dark hair behind her ear and looked up at me, awaiting my response.

"I'm really not ready for a relationship right now. I went through a really tough breakup. And even if I wanted to, you deserve better than me."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pressure you. But if you need me, just text me." I looked down at her as she moved her face towards my neck, gently kissing it. "Let me know."

On my darkened phone screen, I can see a dim reflection. Even a day later, a smudge of black lipstick is still there. I tried to rub it off, but it wouldn't budge.

I grab one of my knives and walk over to the boxes. One of them is filled with ceramic mugs and glass cups. The other two are a box labeled 'miscellaneous' and 'keepsakes'. As I reach out towards it, I feel my fingers and wrist on my right arm go slightly numb.

I open the cardboard flaps and start unpacking the box labeled 'miscellaneous'. It's filled to the brim with random nicknacks, including a deck of cards, a few butterfly knives, a box of rings. I pick up the box and walk into my bedroom, putting it in my bedside drawer. I walk back to the kitchen and decide to move the whole box to my room.

Suddenly, the familiar tingles of numbness take over my entire right arm, startling me into dropping the box with a loud crash. When I kneel down to pick up its contents, I hear a soft knocking at my door. I massage my right arm, attempting to make the numbness go away. When I walk over and open the door, I see Sykkuno. He's still wearing my blue hoodie from yesterday. He looks me up and down in concern.

"Are you okay, Corey? I heard a crash from up here." Another person walks by, looking at me in suspicion. My stomach turns.

"I'm fine, Sy." I usher him into my apartment, closing the door behind him. "I was just unpacking and dropped a box."