Mr. Secretive (Part 1)

"Oh my god, Rae!"

In today's game of among us, we're all supposed to be drunk. But I'm a lightweight, so I only take sips of my lychee beer. Rae just popped out of a vent in front of four people, laughing maniacally when everyone starts shouting in surprise.

Ash, Jack, Peter, 5up, and I all circle around Rae. We run down to the bottom of the map by asteroids. I'm a little worried about her.
"Rae, how much have you drank?" I say nervously.

She giggles. "Only, like, two bottles," she slurs. "It's embarrassing!"

Jack laughs and his green character runs circles around Rae. "Just kill someone, Rae! Sykkuno and I won't snitch," He says.

She just giggles. I turn around and look at my door, hearing the muffled sounds of Rae drunkenly talking to chat and cackling.

Should I go check on her?

I look back at my game and realize that two people are dead. "Woah Rae, how did you...?"

Rae's laughter stops, and she says, confused, "I-I don't know. Was that a glitch?"

In-game, I walk my little green sprout character away from the bodies and up to the office. Corpse's little black cat-eared character is in the hallway. "H-Hey, Corpse!"

"Sykkuno?" Corpse says. Chills run down my spine. He sounds exhausted. "Sorry, I just woke up. What's up?"

"I'm worried about Rae. It sounds like," I pause, trying to say drunk as fuck in a more friendly way, "she drank too much."

"Nah," He says. "Rae's probably fine, Sykkuno. She's probably just a little drunk." Corpse saying that made me feel a little bit better. "H-hey, Sykkuno?"

"Yeah?" I say.

"I saw your P.O. Box opening stream." I blush intensely, covering my mouth. "I liked the cat ears."

I laugh with a lopsided smile and I can feel my face heating up. "Hah, yeah. Oh, you said you like cat girls right?"

He lets out a hearty chuckle. "Yeah-I guess so. You mean like my song, right?"

"Yeah," I say. "But I'm a cat boy, so..." I immediately regret saying that, apologizing profusely to chat.

I hear Corpse laugh. It contrasts with his deep, intimidating voice and fills me with a warm, fuzzy feeling. He has a really cute laugh.

He stops laughing, and says in a jokingly serious voice, "Put on the fucking cat ears Sykkuno."

Chills. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I'm flustered, but why? He's just joking around. I'm just joking around with my friend. Right?

"Mhm—wait." I try to think of something to say, but Corpse just runs away, laughing. Then, Jack vents in and kills me. I smile a little, not really caring that Jack just murdered me. At least I made Corpse laugh.

***

VICTORY

"What? But-I thought it was 5up?" Leslie yelled. "What the heck, 5up?"

"How? It was obviously Jack!"

Jack cheered. "Let's go, baby!"