8- I Hope We're Still Friends, Yeah I Hope You Dont Mind

Start from the beginning

    The door to the shack opened just then and James flinched so hard before transforming immediately. His fast reaction was met with a black cat in front of a closed door.

    She just stared at them. Severus and James, who had transformed back, both had the same thoughts. Now they understood why muggles thought black cats were scary and bad omens. The dog-sized cat walked forward towards them until she was right in front of Severus. Diane transformed back and stayed quiet. She wore her pyjamas; red and green plaid top and bottoms. Her curly hair was messed up, her cheeks flushed from the cold, her arms hugging her body and her glassy red eyes were glued to the Slytherin. Snape had stopped laughing and looked up at her, honestly very scared for his life.

"Sirius?" she asked him, after he felt a sudden strange prickling in the back of his head.

"Y-yes." answered Severus quietly, nodding.

"But how?! He would never do such a thing!" yelled James, desperately trying to stand up for his best mate. Diane didn't answer, instead lending a hand to Severus so he could get up.

"Are you going to keep your mouth shut?" she asked.

"Ofcourse not! A-are you joking?" he spat back, standing up now.

"Oh, so we're forgetting the fact that I am the reason Lily even looks at you anymore?" Diane retorted instantly. Hit the weak spot faster, get the results faster.

"That's not- that's not fair," he mumbled, looking at her eyes that were still shining with tears.

"Oh, but it's true."

"...Fine, I won't tell."

She scoffed, "Do think so lowly of me? What am I, an idiot? Unbreakable Vow."

James' jaw dropped. "W-what? No, c'mon Diane that's just-"

"Now." she ordered, her clear voice ringing in the silence. She stretched her arm and grabbed Severus' hand in her own. She clasped it and he clasped hers.

"Hurry up, James, no need to stretch out the dreadful experience." she told him, her tone steady and cold.

James preformed the Bonding spell while Snape said his vows, which took about 2 minutes. After he was done, Diane let go of Snape's arm.

"You're free to go now, Snape." she said, tilting her head towards the castle. He gave James a dirty look and a unreadable look towards Diane. When he had walked away, Diane turned towards her brother who was looking so lost.

"Why would he- how could he do that?" he asked her, looking hopeless and betrayed. Diane's cold expression and tone did not waver; "We'll see."

* * * * * * * *     *      *      *      *

"WHAT?!"

"I-I'm sorry, Prongs, I didn't mean to I was just-"

"NO! NO DON'T 'PRONGS' ME, SIRIUS!" roared James at 8 am for the second time that day. Diane was sitting on a chair a few feet away from the two boys, rubbing her head. It was about time that Remus woke up, so she went into the hospital wing and towards his bed. The claw marks on his face were healed in such an impressive way that Diane wanted to hug Madam Pomfrey. And she was correct; Remus had woken up and was stirring in the bed.

"Hey, Lynxy," he smiled tiredly, glad to see his best friend beside his bed.

"Good morning, Moony." she tried to smile, but it ended up looking like a grimace. Remus caught onto that at once.