iii | womanly blossoming

AWAE | THE NEW CUTHBERTseason one - episode four/five» an inward treasure born / tightly knotted to a similar string «" womanly blossoming "

season one - episode four/five
» an inward treasure born / tightly
knotted to a similar string «
" womanly blossoming "

after she had met glibert, she sat down next to anne and sighed. before she could ask why, anne was interrupted by mr. phillips walking into the room. the teacher came out from the back and stood in front of the class.

"as i said yesterday, we are going to be testing your spelling. so everyone line u— who are you?" the man questioned, turning to samantha.

"samantha. sam." she paused and he nodded her to continue, as if he were extremely annoyed. "cuthbert." the class started to whisper softly.

"cuthbert, hm? settle down. settle down!" he yelled at his class. "well, hopefully you know how to spell." she nodded and lined up with everyone at the front.

several minutes later, and there were now only five of them left up there, tillie, anne, moody, gilbert, and samantha.

"spell passionate." mr. phillips said to sam.

"p-a-s-s-i-o-n-a-t-e." sam said calmly, getting several heckles to the teacher.

"boo, too easy! too easy!" diana shouted out.

"spell amorous." he said to tillie.

"amorous. a-m-o-r...u..." she tried after a pause.

mr. phillips groaned as he told her to sit down. then he turned to moody. he got the word gorgeous.

"g-o-r-g-i—"

mr. phillips interrupted yet again. "sit down, you butcher of beauty." sam rubbed his arm reassuringly as he went. "ostracize?"

sam looked up at him, noticing he was staring at a girl a little older than her. she nudged anne and attempted to nod to the pair, but she shook her head, as a way to say not to think about it right now.

gilbert spelled the word perfectly, as he had been doing all rounds before, and sam nodded once he added the 'e' at the end.

"that would seem to be correct." he turned to anne. "haughty." sam once again noticed the pair and sighed as anne began to spell.

anne spelt it perfectly, and mr. phillips moved on to sam once again. "supercilious." sam tilted her head but shook it before starting to spell.

"s-u-p-e-r..." sam paused and took a deep breath, gilbert glancing over and noticing. "c...i-l-i-o-u-s"

"callous"