Chapter Two

I finished my shower then placed his sweatshirt and pants upon my body, I missed him so much, it felt as if he were here.

I decided to do something in which I had never done,and take a chance.

Dear Jonathan,

      My love know that within each passing day, my heartaches from not having you lie next to me. I wish you were here things have been somewhat manageable,but I do miss you so much.

Your Wife, Naima.

I sealed it with a kiss, truly meant from the heart as I put on my coat,and wrapped myself up then proceeded outside as I placed the letter in the mailbox, turned mail-top upward as I walked back inside.

Once inside I kicked off my boots that had snow on them, placed coat upon the rack, then turned the heat on for the floor to 70 degrees.

I decided to go inside the kitchen, and bake.

Cooking is the only thing that's able to ease my mind.

Washing my hands as I placed my apron above my head and tied the ends behind my back.

I grabbed three bowls from under the cabinet as I grabbed other utensils as well such as: spatulas, chocolate chunks, cocoa powder, and etc.

Turning on, " Janet Jackson, Together Again " while I stirred, heated up,preheated and dried I started dancing around the kitchen trying to be joyful, and in good spirits.

I danced until the oven had preheated to the exact temperature, and placed desserts in the oven and sat while I listened to the music.

Just then, as I felt myself dozing off just a bit my phone ringed and it was Toni, then Mya.

I couldn't help but smile and think these are my best friends that truly know how to call when needed the most.

Toni, "Hey, Naima how are you doing?"

I simply just nodded and told then that I was managing, yet Mya knew otherwise as even through the phone screen she can tell that something is wrong.

Mya looked at me as she exhaled and told Toni to give them a minute, she understood while turning her camera off and went to go check on her children sleeping in the next room.

"Tell me what's wrong?, I am fine Mya really I am just having one of my gloomy days."

Mya exhaled, she understood that it was truly hard. Trying to break the tension and ice, "Did you tell him before he left?, I just shook my head. "Naima, sweetie you are going to have to tell him sooner or later. " I understood.

"Mya, I will eventually when given the time I will tell him." Mya left it at that as Toni came to the phone.

The three women shared laughter, reminiscing on good times, bad, all of the above.

Naima finally after thirty minutes told the women that she had to end it for the night, and eventually when the weather clears up some that they should come and visit.

Toni and Mya agreed as they hung up the phone.

Naima let her desserts cool as she placed them on top of the stovetop.

She poured herself a glass of Almond milk and drank a glass. Then, grabbed a piece of a brownie while she drank.

After an hour, she turned on her alarm system closed her curtains completely and closed all the doors as she retired to her bed for the night and for once since Jonathan had been away at war had finally had the true meaning of a deep-sleep.