0 | prologue

AWAE | THE NEW CUTHBERTseason zero - episode zeroprologue

season zero - episode zero
prologue

samantha was a girl who had always grown up with nice things. she had never wanted for anything. before she could even think about wanting something, it was already in her possession. she didn't quite mind, but who would?

there was only one thing she had ever wanted for; the one thing she could never have. all she ever wanted was one last final goodbye to her father. she loved him dearly. he died when she was three from heart troubles.

she always loved to visit her aunt and uncle, because they were so much like him. she had only visited her aunt and uncle a handful of times. the last was three and a half years ago. she missed them, as well.

her parents moved to London right before she was born, fourteen years ago. she only had a good amount of friends in London. a few on the list included madeline vanderbilt, tawny montgomery, anthony brooks, and benedict thompson; her best friends. they had met through school and were close ever since.

it was a slightly odd group, to say the least. for instance, maddie loved to eat. and she couldn't care less if anyone judged her. she was that way with everything, though. she was always fearless and carefree; always doing what she wanted to in the moment, and never thinking about the future or past. "there's no time for that. only time for the now," she'd say.

there was tawny, the mother of the group. she was constantly fixing up people's illnesses or injuries or heartaches. she knew how to fix just about anything. "if i don't take care of you, then who will?" she would always quote.

next there was ant. ant was a mix of the father and the bodyguard of the group. he was always defending everyone and taking charge. he knew where everyone was at all times and was always there to "beat up the jerk who did this to you" as tawny would fix you up.

then there was bennie. he was the flirt and musical genius of the group. he was constantly writing poems and lyrics and humming to tunes that hadn't been created yet. he was also very popular with the ladies; i wonder if you could guess why.

Finally there's sam, or sammy. she was your literature expert. she could recite any line from any book at any given time. she was also constantly writing little stories in her journals or fantasizing about what isn't, but could, be true. she was also usually adorned with flowers or lace...or both.

when she was young, tawny's mother abandoned her at the school shortly after her father's passing. due to her skin color, she was not allowed to go to the school. the school had very strict ways and did not tolerate certain things, not matter how unfair they were.

so, samantha and her mother agreed to take her in and let her stay at their house. samantha's mother raised her as if she were her own and her friends accepted her into their group immediately. each day, after school, samantha would recite what was taught to her at school that day and teach it to tawny.

and that was their little quadruplet; their five-person squad; their victorian-era scooby gang.

that is, until things took a quite a drastic turn.