Chapter 2

Blinking his eyes open, Aizawa grunts, trying to feel is arms. His muscles ache, painfully.

Memories flow from the other day and Aizawa bolts up. 'The Children'. He tries to remove the cords sticking out of his body forgetting about the pain for a bit, but is stopped by a scrawny but strong arms.

"Aizawa calm down." Aizawa looks up to see All Might in his weak form who seemed to be startled awake by his sudden movement.

"The students!". Aizawa exclaims trying to remove the wires but is stopped once again.

"They're safe, thanks to you. Now lay back down you're too hurt to be moving around." All Might pushes Aizawa gently back down to lay on the bed.

"And the villains?" Aizawa asks.

"Immobilized. Though Shigaraki got away." All Might responds.

Aizawa takes a sigh of relief. "What about you?" All Might laughes at that. "What's so funny?"

"It's just, I didn't think you cared enough to ask how I was".

"That's ridiculous, it's a hero's job to care about everyone's health."

"Well if you must know, I'm doing fine, the police have captured Nomu and are investigating him as we speak." Aizawa grunts in acknowledgement. A few awkward moments pass with All Might fidgeting with his hands. "So, how do you feel?"

"Tired."

All Might mumbles a drawn out 'okay'.

"Well, they'll have you discharged when you're ready to walk." Aizawa hums closing his eyes.

All Might sighs and gets up to pace around the room.

"Hey". Aizawa calls opening his eyes.

"Y-yes?"

"Is there any water?"

"I'll get you a bottle right away." Toshinori scuttles to get to a vending machine outside of the room. After buying the beverage he walks in to see Aizawa trying to stand. "A-aizawa, you can't stand right away, you need help."

Aizawa ignores him and precedes to stand anyway.

"W-wait." Before Toshinori can do anything, Aizawa slips. All Might rushes to catch him, Aizawa landing on his chest. "Are you okay?"

"Fine." All Might scurries to put Aizawa back on the bed.

Aizawa is disappointed in himself that he couldn't even stand.

"Recovery girl is coming in again to fix you up and you'll be able to stand on your own. Here's your water." Toshinori says putting the bottle out for him. Aizawa looks at the bottle then back at All Might like he was an idiot. "What?"

"Does it look like I can drink with these arms?" Aizawa says pointing out his arms.

"R-right." All Might scolds himself for being a dumbass as he opens the cap and brings the tip of the bottle to Aizawa's lips, then tips it over.

For some reason, the sight entranced him. He couldn't keep his eyes off Aizawa's closed eye lids his plump lips drinking in the water, or how his Adams apple bobbed up and down when he swallowed. It made Toshinori thirsty and it wasn't for water.

A few hours go by as Aizawa is dosed off, Recovery girl comes in and heals him. He wakes up completely bandaged up but the pain has decreased drastically and he could actually feel his arms now. All Might was sleeping on the side of the hospital bed. Aizawa allowed himself to smile at the peaceful look on All Might's face. He did save him, but at what cost? Less time in his musceled form? He frowned at that thought. If only he was stronger, Toshinori wouldn't have had to risk so much. He would be clenching his fist if it weren't for the bandages.

Aizawa was released from the hospital later that day, so he returned to his class to teach even in his bandaged form.

He explains the sports festival to the class and everybody got pumped up.

After class, he went to the teacher's lounge taking a seat at his desk. Present Mic comes in shortly after. "Yo yo Shouta, wanna be a commentator with me at the sports fest?"

"No." Aizawa declines coldly.

"Aww why not Aizawa man!"

" 'cause I have other things to do."

"Come on, please, please, please."

At the sports festival~

"I don't know why I let you talk me into this." Aizawa grunts from the commentary box.

The sports festival continues, surprises here and there, Todoroki, Bakugou, and Midoriya are the ones that stood out most. The tournament ending with Bakugou as the winner and Todoroki coming in second.

The next day, everybody's injuries are being healed and Aizawa was walking down the hall of UA, his bandages finally off. He notices All Might in his muscular form walking towards him. "Hey there, Aizawa, good job commentating." All Might says in his heroic voice.

"I didn't say much." Aizawa says.

"Nonsense, you defended young Bakugou, and that I thank you for." Aizawa shrugs.

"Just doing what I can for my students."

"That is quiet admirable Aizawa." All Might says giving him a genuine smile.

Aizawa felt his face warm at that. He quickly looked away and started walking passed All Might. When he rounds a corner, slams himself against the wall, and holds his mouth. ' What was that?'