"I'm afraid I have to go now. I have an important training session."

The moment I met his cold-hearted eyes, I felt a surge of anger.

'Ha, what a petty man! There's a limit to how arrogant you can be! You can't even spare me five minutes?'

Mindful of his busy schedule, I had asked him three days in advance for our meeting today.

Yet I spent three hours waiting for him here in the lounge of the Imperial Knights' training ground.

He viewed his time very preciously but completely disregarded mine.

'Well, there's no further reason for me to put up with this anymore.'

I lowered my voice to set the mood.

"Please sit down. This won't take very long."

"I clearly told you I cannot."

Even now he still saw himself as above me as he spoke in a threateningly low voice.

I felt the need to break his delusion.

"My father is aware we're meeting today, wouldn't he think it's weird of you went back this early?"

Mikhail's face hardened after I mentioned his superior, my father, whom he feared but respected.

"I will give you exactly five minutes."

It seemed even a mighty knight like Mikhail was afraid of the empire's only Sword Master.

To think he could sit so obediently like that.

'Should I have mentioned my father earlier?'

Recalling all the moments where I used to worry about how to please him caused me to break out a smile once more.

'It was all for naught, and to think there was even an easy method like this...'

A rigid voice interrupted my thoughts, "What's so funny?"

Although Mikhail's expression was full of displeasure, I didn't care.

I no longer needed to leave a favorable impression.

"Two years... We spent quite a lot of time together."

I started with a sentimental opening, but perhaps he thought I was going to talk about love again, as he interrupted in that low voice of his.

"You called me just to say something like that?"

As he spoke those kinds of words and did not even bother to continue listening... I guess he really hated being with me.

'Can't you hold in that temper of yours for just a little? I'm about to give you a present.'

Frankly, I was heartbroken, but due to my numerous part-time job experiences, I was able to put on a superficial smile.

"You won't be busy anymore."

"What do you mean?"

I furrowed my brows as he openly spoke informally to me now.

'No matter the excuse, you're really too much.'

I wish I could say something like, "Starting today, you're fired because I'm going to tell my father."

I wanted to show him the bitter taste of power through blackmail.

Unfortunately, my father wouldn't dismiss one of his treasured men.

Moreover, if Mikhail were to hold a grudge, I would be the only one to suffer.

He had the female lead of this novel to back him up, after all.