-eight-

everyone's heads perked up at the voice and they looked over to the door. "jungkook?". the guard walked over to the middle of the room and everyone stared at him.

"how- how long are we going to be here for?". jungkook looked over at beomgyu and softly smiled. "oh gyu, you always were afraid of everything weren't you?"

"look how far you've come". yeonjun sent a glare over at the guard and walked to the front of his cell. "just because you used to be one of us-"

"doesn't mean you can be a dick". a sarcastic pout formed on the guards face. "well you see, jun-", "don't call me that". jungkook laughed and raised his hands in a surrendering position.

"at lease i am on the good side. i have actually gained trust with the royals, something you could never do. remember your little play dates with prince soobin?"

"he doesn't remember you one bit". those words stuck in yeonjun's head. soobin could have been one of them if he wasn't adopted by the king.

that's right, soobin and yeonjun were both in the same orphanage together. soobin was the first to get adopted out of the two. yeonjun unfortunately grew too old to be adopted.

he was thrown out onto the streets at the age of 16 and that was when he was found by none other than min yoongi. it wasn't until then that he found out soobin was adopted by the king.

this was what fuelled his hatred towards the royals.. they took his best friend away..

"son, come here". soobin looked up from his plate of food and walked closer to his father. "thank you for telling us where the hideout was-"

"we have taken all of the gang members into custody and they are currently downstairs with jungkook". the prince nodded and began walking back to his seat in silence.

"before you sit down, i will need you to go down and grab jungkook for me, i need too speak to him". soobin tilted his head in confusion.

"but father can't you just get namjoon to get him?". namjoon was taehyun's guard just like jungkook was to soobin.

the king then shook his head. "namjoon is busy right now, so will you please go and tell jungkook to come up to me?".

soobin could hear the frustration in his fathers voice so he nodded without another thought and left the room. he didn't even get to finish the food in front of him.

he took a deep breath as he walked down the many stairs and made it to the dungeons door. he was about to enter until he heard lots of talking.

he knew he shouldn't have, but he leaned up against the door with his ear and listened in. "he doesn't remember you yeonjun, just give up"

"he was my best friend in that orphanage, he needs to remember me!". soobin was confused and didn't know what they were talking about.

"soobin probably doesn't want to remember you anyway! why would he still want to be friends with a gang member who kidnapped him?".

the princes mind was filled with questions. did he know yeonjun? why doesn't he remember him? was that jungkook who was talking with yeonjun?

the talking had stopped and soobin built up the courage to open the door, only to have it pulled open in front of him. he stood there in shock for a split second.

it was jungkook who had opened the door and the two just stared at each other. everyone's eyes had moved over to the door once they saw jungkook had stopped moving.

"oh- soobin, what are you doing down here?". the prince didn't know what to say. "i um, father wanted to talk to you but i think i need to as well".

every word he had heard was stuck in his head and jungkook let out a sigh. "did you- hear us talking?". soobin cautiously nodded and nobody spoke a word.

"i have a lot of questions but it's better you don't keep the king waiting". jungkook closed his eyes for a seconds and nodded.

he placed his hands on soobins shoulders and softly smiled. "we will talk about this later".