ELEVEN. | THE DAUGHTER OF A MURDERER

Start from the beginning

"Damn," Gemini whistled, "That's heavy." However, Harry stared. Not only was this the last answer he'd expected, but Lupin had said Voldemort's name. The only people Harry had ever heard say the name aloud, excluding himself, were Professor Dumbledore and...Gemini. Well, he guessed that she had to have her bravery passed on from someone. "Clearly I was wrong," continued Lupin; now frowning at Gemini for her choice in words, "But I didn't think it a good idea for Lord Voldemort to materialize in the staffroom. I imagined that people would panic." Gemini nodded her head in agreement, "That would be some scary shit." Remus sharply turned to face her and lectured, "Okay, now you are just trying to piss me off on purpose. I attempted to give you some leeway because of you being upset, but cursing isn't fucking appropriate." The girl coughed, "Swerewolf...Oops, I apologize. I seem to have some kind of tickle in my throat." - Harry, despite the circumstances, allowed a weak chuckle to escape him. The two were so alike and they didn't even recognize it.

"Anyways," Harry started; now breaking up the tension between the other two, "I didn't think of Voldemort. I- I remembered those Dementors." Lupin's attention was now caught. "I see," said the Professor thoughtfully, "Well, well...I'm impressed. That suggests that what you fear most of all is - fear. Very wise, Harry." The Boy-Who-Lived didn't know what to say to that, so he opted to guzzle some more tea. Gemini, playfully, bickered, "Of course you have the cool fear, Harry. I just get having all of my loved ones seeing me how I see myself. Lame." Both men looked to her...this was the first time she had spoke up about how she felt. "What?," she questioned; looking up from her cup of tea. "Nothing," Remus assured; turning back to face Harry, "So, Harry, you've been thinking that I didn't believe you capable of fighting the Boggart?" The boy, who suddenly felt a lot happier knowing his future Father-In-Law didn't think less of him, answered, "Well...yeah. Professor Lupin, you know the Dementors -." Yet, his sentence was interrupted by a knock on the door. "Come in," called Lupin; ignoring the duo's curious looks. The door opened, and in came Snape. He carried a goblet, which emitted faint smoke, and stopped at the sight of the children in the room...his obsidian eyes now narrowed. "Ah, Severus," Lupin greeted; smiling, "Thanks very much. Could you leave it here on the desk for me?" Snape set down the smoking goblet; eyes wandering between the children and Lupin. "I was just showing the youth my Grindylow," explained Lupin pleasantly; pointing at the tank. "Fascinating," said Snape; refusing to look, "You should drink that directly, Lupin." The man hurried to assure, "Yes, Yes, I will." Snape continued, "I made an entire cauldronful...if you require more." The scarred Professor nodded, "I should probably have some again tomorrow. Thanks very much, Severus."

"Not at all," said Snape, but there was a look in his eye that both Gryffindors didn't like. The gloomy male then backed out of the room, unsmiling and watchful. Harry viewed the goblet in a curious manner but, once the dungeon bat's exit was obvious, Gemini twisted to her Father and questioned, "What the fuck, Dad? Why are you accepting shit from that man? And don't condemn me for the language I've used because it's obvious you've lost it. Give that cauldron here so I can test it and make sure it's safe for whatever you are to use it for. Well? Give it." Though, Lupin smiled in response to their reactions. "Professor Snape has very kindly concocted a potion for me. I have never been much of a potion-brewer and this one is particularly complex," he answered; picking up the goblet to sniff it, "Pity sugar makes it useless." Then, he took a sip. "DAD," Gemini criticized. "I've been feeling a bit off-color," Lupin replied; mainly staring at Gemini as he spoke, "This potion is the only thing that helps. I am very lucky to be working alongside Professor Snape; there aren't many wizards who are up to making it." Oh. That's what it was.

Harry, who had no idea what was going on, blurted out, "Professor Snape is very interested in the Dark Arts." Both Gemini and Remus awarded Harry with an incredulous look. "Really?," asked Lupin, appearing to be mildly interested as he took another gulp of potion. "Some people reckon...,"Harry hesitated, then plunged recklessly on, "Some people reckon he'd do anything the get the Defense Against the Dark Arts job." In response, Lupin drained the goblet and pulled a face. "Disgusting," he admitted; then dismissed the adolescents, "Well; Harry, Gemini, I'd better get back to work. See you at the feast later." Harry, standing up, agreed, "Right." Yet, as he walked towards the door, he noticed Gemini had not moved. Glancing at her best-friend; she declared, "You go ahead, Boy-Wonder. I've got to talk to my dad about something...classwork and all that. I'll catch up with you later, okay?" Harry hesitantly nodded before walking out the door.