There's nothing more lonely, than a life without love

Start from the beginning

Legolas threw a look at Pendor who shrugged.
"I'm sorry to cut this meeting short my lady," Cahdron said, whose patience was running thin "But we really must be on our way."

She nodded, her resolve on what to do about the woman made up.
"Of course," she smiled "I hope we shall be seeing each other again, my prince."

Legolas clenched his teeth, understanding the meaning behind those words. He nodded and spoke as politely and stoically as possible.
"So do I."
"Novaer!" She called, waving as she sauntered through the field.
"Novaer!" The men called back, and Legolas released a breath he didn't know he was holding.
"So?" Pendor grinned "She's breathtaking, isn't she?"

Cadhron rolled his eyes and barged past him.
"Idiot." He muttered, and Legolas followed.
"Friends? Oh come on admit it she's heavenly!!" He called, jogging after them.

'Sickeningly Heavenly.' Legolas added inside his head, as he stood by Cadhron.
"Pardon? Legolas?" Cadhron shook him.
"Sorry." He apologised
"What is with you? Your head has been in the clouds all day. Come I must insist on knowing. Empty yourself mellon (friend)."

Legolas sighed. He loved Raina, but what would Cadhron think? He knew Raina's beauty did not match Lúthriel's (though he couldn't care less) but would his friend approve? Would he give his blessing, or even understand how Legolas was feeling?

Legolas turned to him and whispered.
"Perhaps it is because my heart is already taken." Legolas began to walk past Pendor, intent on reaching Cadhron's flet soon.

Cadhron was shocked. Who possibly could Legolas be in love with? He had only just met a few women this past hour, was he already besotted? Or did he have someone else back home in Mirkwood waiting for him,?

Cadhron caught up to him.
"By who?" He whispered back. Legolas stopped, turning to him and clasping his shoulder
"Do you swear to secrecy?"
Cadhron placed his arm over his, clasping his right shoulder.
"Of course."
Legolas trusted him. Cadhron could keep a secret, whereas Pendor was known as Lothlórien's gossip.
"Raina."
"Raina?!" He whispered hurriedly, drawing his friend in closer. "The daughter of man travelling with you?"
"Aye." Legolas nodded, a smile taking over his lips "She's wonderful Cadhron. If you but knew her, I know you'd love her as I do."
He started walking again.
"Have you told her?" Cadhron asked
"Nay." Legolas shook his head "I have not had the strength to. I'm scared...though I don't know why. I cannot sleep, my thoughts of her consume me, day in, day out."
"Then it must be love." Cadhron sighs, matter-of-factly.
"What do you mean?" Legolas asks curiously.
"Legolas...no one sleeps when they are in love."

Legolas blinked. Hearing this from Cadhron reassured him of Galadriel's, Gandalf's of everyone's words. What he felt was real, something more than a childish crush, something richer, something real.

"We are approaching my flet.." Cadhron tells him, looking upward. Legolas could see a comfortable sized house, made of beautiful carved stone and wood, with a small marble staircase leading upward towards it, decorated with bluebells and chrysanthemums. "When I shall walk with you back, toward your residence, you shall tell me everything about Raina. And why you have not told her you lover her as of now."

Cadhron was using a tone Legolas had often seen him employ in the prescence of his sisters to get them to behave, and knew there was no point trying to wiggle out of it.
"Alright." Legolas smirked "Onlyn
if you tell me of this maiden Pendor says you were once so obsessed with."

A deep pink tinged Cadhron's cheeks, standing out against his black hair.

"All right." He mumbled, and Legolas laughed.

****
The trio were now at the entryway to Cadhron's flet. The door was wooden, and the frame held finely carved elven runes. Legolas looked at the bluebells framing the door, and a window the shape of an arch that was covered by a curtain.