"Tell him I'm not interested." I huffed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Amelie..." he warned.

"Look, I'm here. Isn't that enough for him?"

Aziel shook his head and sighed, "It's not as simple as it seems. He's hurting without you."

"Oh, he's hurting?!" I let the hysterical laugh slip from my lips. "Oh, poor Vincenzo. Must be horrible. Meanwhile, I'm stuck in a castle as a newly turned vampire!"

"I never said his problems were worse than yours." Aziel reasoned. "But please reconsider this attitude you have towards him."

I couldn't believe it, was Aziel really going to sit here and ask me to reconsider my attitude to a man who has made my past weeks utter hell? No way. No. Way.

"He killed me!" I exclaimed.

"Technically, you killed yourself."

"Because he was chasing me!" he couldn't be serious right now.

"He gave you a choice."

I laughed a sarcastic laugh, "It was barely a choice, and I didn't want to submit to a man whose only interest was to make me his possession."

Aziel ran a hand through his hair and rubbed his temples, "Didn't Enrica explain what it's like for a vampire heir to be without their soulmate? You pushed him too far, Amelie, and he responded."

"How is me being terrified of him pushing him too far? Why is everyone here coming up with excuses for his behaviour when he's tried multiple times to kidnap me? Whatever happened to getting to know someone, asking them out on a date, not being a psycho? Or is that too human for you?"

"What can he do to make everything okay?" Aziel turned to look at me. It wasn't out of frustration but clear curiosity. He was acting like Vincenzo's advisor now, trying to find a solution to this mess of a problem.

I looked down at my sheets and huffed out an irritated breath. What could make this okay? Nothing really. Turning me back human? Letting me go? But I knew those things would never happen.

"An apology would be nice." I muttered.

"An apology? Then everything will be okay?" Aziel seemed eager.

"I said it would be nice, not that it would make everything okay. You can't keep going around, hoping for me to pretend that what's happened between Vincenzo and I haven't happened because it has. Actions have consequences as I can clearly tell." I gestured up and down my body to my new vampire self. "I am never going to forget the way Vincenzo was, so stop trying to think that I will, it's not that simple."

"He's trying." Aziel reasoned.

"With a box of macaroons? What does he want, an A for effort?" I rolled my eyes and pressed the back of my head into the headboard.

"Amelie." Aziel warned.

"Did you come here to lecture me or is there another reason?" I lifted an uncaring brow. Aziel frowned and nodded slowly.

"The Queen would like to speak to you. So I suggest you get yourself ready." Was all he said before departing.

Pevensie came back into the room with three other ladies and helped me get readying. They bathed me, ignoring when I said I could do it myself, and pampered me up by braiding my hair to the side of my head and brushed makeup to bring colour to my deadly pale face. They stuffed me into a simple grey dress that flowed to the floor and tied at my waist before guiding me to meet Aziel outside.