Unlucky

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka PoV - Post Y2V3

After parting ways with Mii-chan, I headed towards my next designated location.

At least, that was the plan.

School had other plans for us. They postponed every task today due to heavy rain.

This was a sign of relief for most students as they could rest for an entire day, not having to worry about losing any points.

Today, I couldn't participate in any tasks. I was on the verge of receiving penalty points as I was skipping tasks. So, I was a little grateful myself.

I think it would be best to rest and plan further. First, I have to make a tent.

Looking around the area...

I don't think I will build a tent somewhere around here, quite an open area, which might attract bigger groups to come. So, I quickly scratched staying here.

Moving ahead, I encountered a wild female student.

Even though referring to her as wild may come off as rude, her state was a mess. She was Mio Ibuki from Class 2-B. She is someone who has a good gauge of my abilities. Well, at least in the physical part.

I started walking behind her and not call out to her, for now.

I think Ibuki is aware of my presence too. Since she is trying really hard not to look in my direction. She had the face of a person who hasn't slept for two days.

Both of us were walking at the same pace & despite the awkwardness between us, it felt quite refreshing, at least for me.

I was in a similar situation back in school.

"Um...Ibuki..."

I am bad at conversations, but I still decided to initiate it. I want to improve my communication skills & what better way to start than talking to someone who's equally bad if not worse than me in that department.

I noticed that she hasn't replied to me yet.

"Uh, Ibuki?"

I called her again. She turned around. This time, she made it clear that she was ignoring me.

*Sigh*

Well, you leave me no choice.

"Mio"

Right as I say that, she instantly turned around and looked at me with a surprised expression, which quickly turned into an irritated one.

"What did you just say?"

"Ah...Nothing..."

I tried feigning ignorance, making her think she just misheard that.

Thinking about it, I really shouldn't have done that.

"Didn't you just call me by my name?"

Ah, so she knew. Well, I guess there's no going back now.

"If you knew, why did you ask?"

I am surprised myself that I teased her.

"Doesn't matter! Who said you could call me that?"

"That's my fault, I know. But, aren't you partially to be blamed as well? Like, I wouldn't have called you that if you answered me when I first called you, Instead of ignoring me."

"Whether I decide to answer or not is completely up to me."

"That is true."

"And besides, No one calls me that!"