Reliable

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka - Post Y2V3

I was walking along with Nanase. After our little confrontation, We sorted things between us. Albeit wasn't pretty, or by any means, an ideal method, gaining an ally whos Athletic, Knowledgable and Strong, in this case, Nanase, will further strengthen my defenses.

Meaning, I will have more information regarding the movements of first-years that are making schemes against me.

Both of our tablets blinked, notifying a new task. Nanase had the same group table as me, resulting in us having the same tasks every time. This time the location was far.

I decided not to go.

Going there with such little time left doesn't seem to be worth it. It won't even guarantee us a spot for participation as it may get filled before we even get there.

"Ayanokouji-Senpai, I am sorry, but I have to leave for today."

Facing me, she said so. It's fine that she's leaving, but she didn't have to apologize for that.

"Ah, that's okay. But you don't have to apologize."

She seemed satisfied with my reply as she nodded with a thin smile.

"Don't worry, Senpai. I will join you back by evening."

Eh? No, I wasn't worrying at all. Contrary to that, I was looking forward to spending time alone.

Although, it's always good to have someone around you in these kinds of exams. Being alone, I can explore more options.

"You can take your time. But why are you leaving if you're going to return by evening?"

I was thinking she was leaving and will solely focus on her tasks from now. As her business with me, or should I say, her reason for partnering up with me, that is, trying to frame me, is done.

Despite failing, that was a good attempt on her part. I could see the same strategy working on someone like Nagumo or Hosen as they are so full of themselves.

"Oh, that...It was mentioned that today onwards, there are going to be group tasks."

"Group tasks?"

"Yes. In group tasks, two people of the same group can participate as a single contestant. Although they may be lacking in reward points, chances of winning those are high."

That seems reasonable. It just further hammers the point that teamwork is essential. This further decreases the chance of any solo student getting a high ranking.

"Wasn't Senpai notified about this?"

Maybe my earlier questions lead her to that conclusion.

"No, I wasn't. Probably because I am alone."

"That makes sense."

She then continued.

"Doesn't Senpai think this is unfair for people who are alone or who don't have big groups?"

What Nanase is saying is true. But that's only the surface.

"Although it may seem like that, Just like Nanase, Many groups will start to participate in group-tasks. Meaning individual tasks would have less competition."

"That's...well, isn't that just looking at positives?"

"True. But, that means a team rule will also benefit individuals in some way."

Nanase nodded in agreement.

With that, we finally got down the hill that we were in for so long. I gave Nanase her bag.