∆ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ∆

I peeled my eyes open with a groan, coughing at the dust surrounding me. I felt blood trickling down the side of my face, and my whole body ached. I pushed myself up, wincing at the sharp pain in my side. I stumbled onto my feet, glancing at the broken pieces of metal, wire, and glass around me. I looked up at the mashed ceiling. There was no way I was going to get out of that.

“Y/n? Can you hear me?”

“Daniel? Yeah!” I said, coming to the metal doors.

“Are you alright?” He called.

“For the most part!” I said, looking down at my side that held a not-so-great-looking gash. “I’ll need some bandages though!”

“Alright, stand back a little! I’m gonna try and pry the doors open!” He said. I did as he said, watching the doors slowly be pulled apart with a creak and groan. “Y/n!” Daniel rushed inside, jumping over the scraps of metal on the ground.

“I’m okay. I can at least walk,” I said, taking his hand as he helped me out of the wreckage, holding me up. “Where is everyone?”

“Not here apparently,” He said, making my eyebrows furrow together. “I checked everywhere. There’s not a single person in the whole apartment building.”

“A-are you sure?” I asked, looking at him as he leaned me against the wall.

“I could smell everyone that we walked past today, Y/n. I found you because I smelt your blood. There’s no one else here,” He explained.

“Then it’s a trap,” I said, wincing as I pushed myself up. “W-We need to leave.”

“Woah, take it easy, Y/n,” Daniel said, picking me up. “You’re bleeding pretty heavily. If it is a trap, then they’re going to smell your blood a mile away. It’s overwhelming, even for me. I'll be okay though.” He added, after seeing my worried expression.

“Le-let’s go-”

“And just where do the two of you think you’re going?”

Daniel spun around, placing me on the ground in a flash as he stood over me protectively. His eyes immediately darkened, his pupils shrinking to mere specks as he snarked his lip back, exposing his fangs. “You,” He growled.

“My, my,” The dark-haired man chuckled, slipping his hands into his pockets. “Aren’t you a little too hostile, Daniel? I haven’t even done anything yet.”

“You’re stupid enough to show your face around my sister,” He growled, as I struggled to my feet in alarm. I grabbed Daniel’s shoulder, making him look back at me.

“You just can’t stop coming back, can you, Y/n?” Aaron asked, tilting his head with a grin. “Do you miss me that much?”

“Motherfucker-!”

“Daniel, don’t,” I said, squeezing his shoulder. “He’s not the one we need to worry about.”

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“And you called me stupid,” Aaron scoffed.

“We’re surrounded,” I said, making him aware of the many creatures that had slinked from the darkness.

“What?! But-”

“They don’t have a heartbeat,” Aaron laughed.

“Which means their blood doesn’t pump,” I said. “But it’s alright. Because Aaron’s not gonna attack us.”

He smirked. “What makes you so sure of that?”

“You would have already done it. When you want something done, it’s done immediately. You don’t delay,” I narrowed my eyes at him, Daniel bringing me against his side protectively.