∆ғɪᴠᴇ∆

“Welcome to Italy!” Joseph exclaimed, throwing his arm across my shoulder. He had to bend down to do it. “Are you ready to see all the wonders it has to offer?”

“Calm down, Jojo!” Suzie Q scolded, slapping him in the arm. “We’ve been flying for nine hours! Let’s rest first.”

“And get food,” He said, “I’m starving!”

“Have you ever had true Italian food, Y/n?” Suzie Q asked, coming to stand beside me as I released Dixie from the crate. She dashed out and straight towards Joseph.

“I’ve had the things in New York, but nothing directly from Italy,” I replied. Suzie Q bounced in her spot, excitement washing over her.

“Oo, I can’t wait!” She squealed, making me laugh. “Joseph! How far away is he?”

“How am I supposed to know?” The brunette man called to his wife, looking up from where he’d been on the ground.

“Well, go call!” She said.

“Now who needs to ‘calm down’!?” He yelled, mimicking her voice. She stuck her tongue out and he did the same, making me laugh at them.

Santo cielo!” A voice said, making all of us look over to the man approaching us. “You two fight like a married couple!” He was tall, the same height as Joseph with fluffy blonde hair. A bandana was tied around his head, pushing his hair away from his face. He had bright, lime green eyes with two little purple triangles under each of his eyes. He had a sharp jawline, and his soft looking lips were turned up in a grin. I felt my cheeks heat up.

“Caesar!” Joseph exclaimed, jumping onto his feet as he embraced the man. Caesar returned his hug, patting him firmly on the back.

“It’s been a long time, my friend,” He said, pulling back.

“Too long!” Joseph said. “Haven’t seen you since the wedding.”

“Ah! How are you, Suzie Q?” He asked, turning his attention to the blonde woman.

“I’ve been well! How about yourself? Do you still hole up with Miss Lisa Lisa?” She asked, placing a hand on her hip as she raised an eyebrow at him.

“Not all the time,” He chuckled.

“No, he’s got to go chase pretty women,” Joseph snickered. “Which reminds me! Caesar, this is Y/n!”

I felt my cheeks go red as the attention was diverted to me. I could feel my heart racing in my chest as Caesar smiled at me, a light blush dusting his cheeks. Joseph grinned mischievously, throwing his arm on Caesar’s shoulder as he, Caesar and Suzie Q all peered at me.

“It’s a pleasure,” Caesar said, taking my hand. He brought it to his lips and kissed my knuckles gently as he maintained eye contact. I felt like I was going to pass out.

“And Dixie!” Joseph chirped happily.

“You sound more excited about the dog!” Caesar exclaimed.

“Well yeah! I can’t have one, so I stole Y/n’s!” He said.

“Is he always this mean to you, cara?” The blonde man asked, turning back to me.

“Uh, yeah,” I said, chuckling. “But I’m just as mean so I guess it’s okay.”

“Jojo deserves it,” He said. “Here, let me grab your luggage.”

“Oh, thank you,” I said.

“Come on! Let’s go! I’m hungry!” Joseph called, already walking from airport as he drug his and Suzie Q’s luggage behind him.