Would you like to dance?

"[Y/N]! ARE YOU IN HERE?"

It's impossible to not recognised that voice.

"Yeah, come on in Hange."

As expected she's right on time, I decided to come a few minutes earlier to the classroom just incase. It's quite evident that I didn't sleep much last night, I mean who could if they found out that they get to stay at the survey corps' grounds for the day.

"Okay so today you'll be assisting me with experiments and further exploring the vulnerabilities of Titans. You'll get to join and meet all of the members during the day and you get to eat dinner with us too. I'm glad Erwin said yes, he doesn't always allow this kind of stuff to happen. It's makes me wonder, why he said yes in the first place."

As Hange says this my whole body freezes, what does she mean by that? Surely Erwin he said yes more times to Hange than no, right? He wouldn't give any special treatment to someone like me, who he doesn't even remember.

What if he does remembers me?

My thoughts end up completely consuming me. No, I'm looking way too deep into this. He just said yes because Hange was so excited, that's all.

"It's probably because you were so excited, you were practically screaming in his ear." I can't help but laugh as I say this, Levi looked liked he wanted to retire.

Hange's cheeks turn red as I say this, she must be quite embarrassed. She shouldn't be, it's nice to see someone so happy and joyous. Everyone now looks so glum, ever since the attack on wall Maria everyone's constantly been on edge. Almost like they're waiting for the next attack. I want to try and keep the smiles on the cadets faces for as long as possible, they bring me hope that one day we will find life beyond the walls.

Me and Hange exit the training grounds, and make our way to the survey corps. When we arrive we're greeted by a familiar face.

"You're finally back! Please stop wondering off! You told me that we would go and collect [Y/N] together, you can't just leave first thing in the morning like that and not tell anyone!" The brunette who I know as Moblit looks exhausted as he says this, he must've been really worried.

"Ah Moblit you worry too much, look I'm completely fine and so is [Y/N]. Stressing so much isn't healthy." I can't help but stifle my laughter, this must be a daily thing for them.

They keep bickering as we walk into what looks like an old castle, this must be where most of them stay. It looks ridiculously tidy. Hange shows me around and introduces me to a few people along the way, they all greet me with friendly smiles.

As we exit the back of the castle we come face to face with giant green barricades with only one way in and out, Hange turns around to face me looking quite worried.

"Okay now I know you've never seen a Titan before so brace yourself, it's chained up so it can't attack you. Just don't go too close to it otherwise it might bite your head off. Okay let's go."

I don't know if that was an attempt to reassure me or scare me off.

I enter through the barricades and brace myself for something gruesome and disgusting but it actually isn't so bad. The titan right in front of me is fairly small, well for how big I expected an average Titan to be anyway, it also shows no resistance to being chained up. It still looks like it's on edge, this catch must be fairly recent.

Hange taps me on the shoulder and hands me a spear. Why on earth would she give me this? She points in the direction of the Titan, oh so she wants to me to stab this thing?

"Think of this as a welcome ceremony, if that's even possible."

Okay then, here goes nothing.

As I approach the Titan Moblit also joins me.